THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I was going to make a congratulatory post on making a good bone-in entry and decided to go to the Penalty Box instead. The shame.......

My Bone in Challange entry.

The finished result will be posted here soon.

902433617_M8twi-XL.jpg

&

902433574_PCTya-XL.jpg

&

Spatch Cock Chicken.
902436088_RS3na-XL.jpg

&

902437728_xr9US-XL.jpg

They've been on the smoker for about an hour and a half now @200-260.f with a Pecan wood chuck.

Little update to the smoking session.

902479985_TUFEH-L.jpg

&

902478571_44Gva-XL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Derek! I just wish there was mustard art.
Sorry man, I don't do that no more, and thanks bro.

Derek, that looks amazing.

How did you go about smoking the corn? In the husk I would imagine. Much smoke flavor?
I threw the corn in the smoker the minute the Rib Eye roast got to 140*f and let the chicken and the corn smoke for another hour longer.

I've used 1 chunk of pecan wood chucks for the smoking wood, and I left the corn in the husk, I've used a spray on all food except for the corn, I just lathered eevo on the outside of the husks to prevent burning.

Is 140 the temp reached where you pulled the roast Derek? Also, you may want to specify a picture. Chris has a habit of picking zeros, NTTAWWT.:twisted:

Yes it was 140 internal when I pulled it. And it was delish.

By the way Chris is my main entry pic

902635532_EH3dq-L.jpg

Back