THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

While there are those that try to discourage me from chasing my dream, I will not be held back!

In order to increase my odds of joining the zero club, I present to you Spam and egg popeyes served on a cold tortilla with Vienna Sausage:

scaled.php

I dare you to vote for this trainwreck... :heh:

So what happened to redhot's entry? I was looking forward to it. She was marinading in blue agave. Did you get lit and eat her entry?

CD

So, there's about five ribs on them nachos. What did you do with the rest of the three racks?

Actually, the rest went in the fridge and I hope they've been eaten for leftovers. I took a rib sandwich with me on the plane as I didn't think I could eat nachos without making a complete mess in those tiny little seats.

Rib nachos! Brilliant! You could have gone the extra mile and made a giant rib nacho burrito but maybe next time. Or a bite of rib nacho lettuce wrap on a fork.

How could I forget the fork? :doh: Well, looks like another zero.

Redhot's Drunken

So here goes my tortilla entry...we were sick with some kind of stomach virus over the holiday weekend - fun but the chicken was happily marinating in tequila so I am not concerned. Just couldn't muster up the strength til now to pull it off. My marinade consisted of:

Not so sure about eggs. Definitely SPAM though and a tortilla, and I guess it must have chicken. Although, I do have to wonder what or who has been marinating in tequila.

Can you marinate chicken in SPAM?

Wow, those are some awesome entries.... I mean wtf "Rib Nachos" that's farking brilliant. My entry happened by accident tonight, while fixing up some leftover Pulled Pork from the holiday weekend I made some Pulled Pork Tacos with Mango Peach Salsa some Red Onions, Cheese and of course Tortillas. It didn't even occur to me to enter it until after eating one, WOW!!! the Pulled Pork was not sauced but the Mango Peach Salsa went with it so well that I had to share, thanks for looking.

Mangopeachbutttaco2.jpg

Mangopeachbutttaco.jpg

Probably went something like this Rum Cake recipe...

Best Rum Cake Ever

1 or 2 quarts rum
baking powder
1 C butter
1 tsp soda
1 tsp sugar
lemon juice
2 large eggs
brown sugar
1 C dried fruit
nuts

Before you start, sample the rum to check for quality. Good, isn't it? Now go ahead. Select a large mixing bowl, measuring cup, etc. Check the rum again. It must be just right. To be sure rum is of the highest quality, pour one level cup of rum into a glass and drink it as fast as you can. Repeat. With an electric mixer, beat 1 cup butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 seaspoon of thugar and beat again. Meanwhile, make sure that the rum is of the finest quality--try another cup. Open second quart, if necessary. Add 2 large leggs, 2 cups fried druit and beat till high. If druit gets stuck in beaters, just pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the rum again, checking for conscisticity. Next sift 3 cups of pepper or salt (it really doesn't matter which). Sample the rum again. Sift 1/2 pint lemon juice. Fold in chopped butter and strained nuts. Add one babblespoon of brown thugar, or whatever color you can find. Wix mell. Grease oven and turn cake pan to 350 gredees. Now pour whole mess into the coven and ake. Check the rum again, and bo to ged.

Redhot's Spicy Drunken Chicken Quesadillas

So here goes my tortilla entry...we were sick with some kind of stomach virus over the holiday weekend - fun but the chicken was happily marinating in tequila so I was not concerned. Just couldn't muster up the strength til now to pull it off. My marinade consisted of:

1/2 pint tequila
Juice of 3 limes
Zest of 1 lime
1/4 cup minced red jalapenos (we sliced/preserved in vinegar)
4 green onions - minced
fresh cilantro - minced
1 T crushed red pepper
1 T minced garlic
2 T turbinato sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
black pepper/salt to taste (I used about 1t each)
1 t cumin

The chicken marinated longer than I wanted, about 3 days but I'm sure the tequila kept it fresh.

drunkenedspicychicken.jpg

Then instead of slicing the red, yellow, orange bell peppers, white onion and 4 jalapenos, I diced them to be more easy to layer. Then marinated in Todd's Dirt, salt and olive oil.

theveggies.jpg

veggiesmarinating.jpg

Chicken went on the grill...

drunkenchickenjustonthegrill.jpg

Almost done, just needs a sear...
almost.jpg

Chicken's done and ready to set, then slice.

chickensdone.jpg

Sliced and now I'm ready to build.
slicedandready.jpg

But only after the veggies were done.
pepperandonionmixongrill.jpg

Next, everything got covered with foil so I could prep the tortillas, first taco sized ones got hit in the skillet with some EVOO spray to crisp up just a bit before being loaded with monterey jack and colby cheeses, pepper mixture, sliced chicken then more cheese.

firstlayer.jpg

They were then folded over.

Then I slightly crisped up some big tortillas and put them out on a pan and added the cheeses, pepper mixture and diced chicken, more cheese then laid the small folded, stuffed tortillas on top.
secondlayergetsfilled.jpg

secondlayerfilledwithfirst.jpg

And on top of the first tortilla I added sliced avocados and more of the cheeses then folded that over, sprayed with EVOO, baked til bubbly and crispy.
secondlayergetstoppedwithavocadoncheese.jpg

Added sour cream to one of the tortilla cups and pico de gallo to two and wow, this is the end result. Never tried a double decker quesadilla before but wow, just wow! They were quite amazing and worth the effort!
This is before slicing.
bakednplated.jpg

And a few after slicing.
topview.jpg

myfav.jpg

And after we got totally full, this was left...
mostlydevoured.jpg

I don't even know which pic I like best Chris, I think maybe you should decide, I'll let you know. But these were really, really rich and good. Thanks for looking!!!!

Back