THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why not, I'll play.
2 6lb'ers, cooked on the WSM over Kingsford and Mesquite for ~14 hours, no wrap, no mop, no spray, no fuss.

2747488540_4564b15460.jpg

2747487110_2b18b5cb22.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
little stuffed fatty for ya

heres my entry, italian sausage fatty, stuffed with cream cheese, jalapeno peppers, asparagus, and squash. Rubbed with some love and finished with a brown butter garlic sauce and chipotle puree.

Last edited:
This is my Pork entry for Throwdown week II, cooked on my FEC 750.
I decided to keep it traditional so I cooked up two butts today. Rubbed them down with my "River City Smokehouse" RUB, then I put them on at 5:30 am @ 185*F for 3.5 hrs. then raised the temperature to 250*F til they were finished, which was about 3:15pm. Wrapped and rested before pulling. Added a little RCS BBQ sauce and a sprinkle of rub. I brushed some Ciabatta bread with Porchini Mushroom infused extra virgin olive oil and grilled it until crispy. Enjoy!

butts1005aw1.jpg

Uh-Oh..... I may have to re-think the pork loin vote. :cool:

Time for me to jump in with both feet.

Here it is. I stuffed a two pound loin with chili beans, medium grain rice, and a dash of extra sharp cheddar cheese. I rubbed it inside and out with Plowboys Yardbird. I then smoked it on my Chargriller at about 225 until it was done. This ended up being one of the best pork loins that I have ever smoked.

Attachments

• August 10, 2008 009.jpg
    August 10, 2008 009.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 139
  • August 10, 2008 012.jpg
    August 10, 2008 012.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 139
  • August 10, 2008 021.jpg
    August 10, 2008 021.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 424
Some fine looking eats everyone.
No entry for me this week, barely got enough weekend left to cook my chick. Worked last night night from 10pm Saturday untill about 1:30 pm Sunday, no sleep, and worse no cooking time.

Not an entry in the throwdown but wifey threw some cheeeezzzy taters together for a fellow brethren's working lunch at the hospital today. He requested these as he was working and was real happy when I took it by for their lunch. Well, it does have bacon fat from frying the bacon and bacon bits on top. It came home empty. The little batch was for us.:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_1249.JPG
    IMG_1249.JPG
    238.8 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_1250.JPG
    IMG_1250.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 139
Holy smoke RCB! And I was actually thinking about throwing in an entry this week, glad I stood on the sidelines. Man those are some great looking shots and food.

WOW! We've got some serious pork slingin' goin' on here brothers! :biggrin: Outstanding...all! :p

I just happened to find a pork sirloin roast at the store and was itching to do some slow cooking so I thought that I may as well throw up some pron.

Since I was experimenting I thawed some venison breakfast links out and threw them on the fire too. The spices in them are odd and I wanted to see if slow cooking/smoking them a bit would help the flavor. It did.

Here ya go.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

The pork could have come off the grill about 15 minutes earlier. I really would have liked to have had a good meat thermo today.

This is so much fun! I am a real visual person anyway so this is making me crazy. Gawd, this stuff looks so good from all the brethren. This should be on prime time TV!!!!!!

right now, i'm picking pieces of pork outta my teeth with a toothpick! :biggrin:

time to download and see what we got

Back