THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok, here's my second entry... Mashed Potato Pie. Potatoes were boiled on the egg in a pan, then drained and mashed with sour cream, horseradish and chives, put into a skillet and put back on the egg at 400 until browned on the bottom. Leftovers were then heated on a cast iron griddle and served with candied carrots.

First meal:
3142108809_7da1a58a4a_b.jpg

Leftovers:
3145876188_b15101cea6_b.jpg

3145045187_f2923b5cc9_b.jpg

Skillet Taters

Here is our rendition of skillet taters.

1 bag of thawed hash browns, 1/2 bag of frozen corn, 1 green pepper, 1 red pepper, 1 red onion, about 1/2 cup sharp cheddar.
Then a mixture of 8 oz sour cream, 3 cloves grated garlic, red pepper flakes, S&P, 2 TBSP margarine and mixed it all up together.
We fit about 3/4 of it in a CI skillet and into the Primo it went.

When done it was topped with 5 crumbled bacon slices and a few handfuls of sharp cheddar, when melted, topped with scallions.
Served with a side of Slovacek Jalapeno sausages :cool:
It turned out great, I would add a few jaleps next time.

100_2586.jpg

100_2592.jpg

100_2602.jpg

yukon gold and sweet potatoes

layered in a cast iron skillet with gouda cheese and yellow onion and a little fresh thyme, cracked black pepper, and chipotle salt

potatothrowdown-013.jpg

potatothrowdown-017.jpg

potatothrowdown-020.jpg

:biggrin:

Rick yep the 1st and 2nd pics are awesome. Looks perfect in the pan. Now that I go back and look at it that 1st pic is the $$ shot for sure.

Last edited:
Meat that looks good, glad you took 5 pics to show it off, lol.........
Had fun with a couple guys last week so could not pass you by!!!!!!!1

Damn Jerry, I didn't realize that until now. My bad.:sad: I could have taken more but after looking at all the other fabulous entries, I would just get further behind. Man, some fine lookin taters in this throwdown!!

Fried 'em in a cast iron on the kettle with Canola. Very simple. I have more pics but I switched formats in my camera to nef file and they dont seem to work.

DSC_0041-2.jpg

Back