BBQ Brethren Throwdown - "Chicken"

3558607186_df9d411a18_b.jpg

Here's Mrs. Brisket's Choice. I scored some fresh blackberries and reduced them to a glaze. Add some fresh onions from my garden and some buttery kale greens. The comp is going to be tough on this one!!!

Here's my meager entry.
Boned chicken thighs w/bbq sauce. Baked potato diced w/onions, cheese, mushrooms topped with butter. Spiced up baked beans.

Everything in the smoker.
OnTheGrill.jpg

Plated up.
Plated.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Bob - Really awesome bird - great presentation and pron!! Front runner IMHO

3558607186_df9d411a18_b.jpg

Here's Mrs. Brisket's Choice. I scored some fresh blackberries and reduced them to a glaze. Add some fresh onions from my garden and some buttery kale greens. The comp is going to be tough on this one!!!

you still must enter, bo!

i expect to see a lot more entries from this weekend. the deadline for this one should be pushed back a day to tuesday so we can capture all the cookouts on monday.

:biggrin:

I agree with you Rick, picked up a chicken today after taking wife to doctors office.
Planned on doing it tomorrow on the egg.

REMINDER - Deadline extended!

Just a reminder that the deadline for this Chicken Throwdown was extended due to the Holiday weekend.

Any Chicken cooked between Monday 5/18 through Monday 5/25 are valid entries, and entries will be accepted until 9pm Central tonight! so if you cooked any chicken yesterday, you can still enter it in this Throwdown!

Best of luck to all, and hope everyone had a great weekend!:cool:

you still must enter, bo!

i expect to see a lot more entries from this weekend. the deadline for this one should be pushed back a day to tuesday so we can capture all the cookouts on monday.

i just picked up 4 chickens to smoke tomorrow for my second go at the chicken throwdown. :biggrin:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62239

6chickens-027.jpg

nice! i have somethng planned for the leftover chicken from tomorrow as well :biggrin:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62389

jerkchickenabt-011.jpg

of my three chicken throwdown dishes, i think i'm going to have to go with the jerked chicken abt photo for the vote thread. :biggrin:

Back