BBQ Brethren Throwdown..."Burgers"...

I'm glad it's not an entry..........it would have gotten my vote! My, oh MY!!!! My arteries are clogged as we speak!! Tell us more!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
A place called Jethro's in Des Moines, IA. It's named after Adam Emmenecker who was the Missouri Valley MVP last year. Ate the whole thing himself.

Anyway, it's a cheeseburger about 1/2" thick, then a huge state fair sized tenderloin, buffalo chicken tenders about an inch thick of brisket and thick hickory bacon. They pour white cheese sauce over it and cover with a bun. That it a steak knife in the top holding it together.

They have a breakfast item. The tenderloin, covered with hashbrowns, then three eggs, then pulled pork and brisket. I will try that next time.

here it is cut in half
l-640-480-38a6c26e-862a-4053-9e59-827fc483f5d8.jpeg

I'm not thrilled with the photos, but it was a long weekend (wife wasn't feeling well, getting ready for Christmas, etc.)

Buffalo (not bison) burgers, with black pepper and grey salt. Great grill marks, despite the cold wind! English cheddar was melted on top.

Served with grilled onions and kosher pickles and bacon, along with smoked tomato mayonnaise (I smoked the romas then froze them, chopped them up and added them to the mayo).

I had a Shiner Black Lager with it... yum.

Seasoned and waiting:
3128909961_2c7132e932_b.jpg

Served on a rustic roll and a poppy seed roll:
3129742674_b043726bbf_b.jpg

Back