BBQ Brethren Throwdown..."Burgers"...

2 lb. INSIDE OUT BURGER

Went for one big burger for the Throwdown!!!!
I took (2) one pound patties put bacon and Colby/Jack cheese between them and grilled on the UDG with hickory pellets for the smoke.
For the spices, I used 4 star peppercorn blend, orange pepper, smoked hickory salt, mesquite seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, Lowerys seasoned salt.
Used Texas toast for the buns and buttered both sides them then toasted on the grill.
Cut the burger into (4) half pound squares and dug in.
The wife said it was great and I thought they were good enough to eat two. Got me one quarter left for lunch today.

Attachments

• DSC03242.jpg
    DSC03242.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 281
  • DSC03250.jpg
    DSC03250.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 280
  • DSC03252.jpg
    DSC03252.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 456
And the Yuengling takes the lead. My wife is from Pittsburgh and introduced me to that beer. Fantastic!! I bring back a couple cases each time I visit.

I love the Yuengling Black and Tan, but have a hard time finding it around here..

Great looking burgers!

buffalo burger!

3/4 pound buffalo burger smoked with jack daniels oak barrel chips on toasted kaiser roll :biggrin:

buffaloburger-006.jpg

buffaloburger-012.jpg

buffaloburger-015.jpg

lamb burgers!

rosemary lamb burgers smoked with apple and an apple glaze (from michigan) at the end. :biggrin:

lambburger-014.jpg

lambburger-015.jpg

lambburger-022.jpg

so juicy, the juice wicked up through the bun where i had a toothpick :biggrin:

the neighbor said, "yum"

Jeez Louise, great lookin' burgers so far. I may have to call in drun...uh, I mean sick tomorrow, and do some serious cooking.

Hey Rick, what is the story with the apple glaze on the lamb?

We made some turkey burgers tonight. They are mixed with steak seasoning and apple chunks, which gives it a nice sweet taste. We put them on toasted english muffins, added Cuba cheese (sharp cheddar from upstate NY), a slice of grilled bermuda onion, then added some bacon, cause ya cant go wrong with adding bacon!

Attachments

• turkeyburger1.jpg
    turkeyburger1.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 373
Turkey Burgers

1 lb ground turkey, 1/4 grated onion for moisture, 1 clove grated garlic, 1 shallot, 1 jalapeno, red pepper flakes, Todd's Dirt, S&P, topped with pepper jack cheese, guacamole, and Rotel tomatoes :biggrin:

Attachments

• 100_2504.jpg
    100_2504.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 197
  • 100_2506.jpg
    100_2506.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 198
  • 100_2508.jpg
    100_2508.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 839
I made feta cheese stuffed lamb burgers tonight, served on a toasted pita with thin sliced cucumber and a yogurt, garlic, lemon and onion sauce. Took a pic of the raw burgers then didn't get any more before the family sucked them down.

I made feta cheese stuffed lamb burgers tonight, served on a toasted pita with thin sliced cucumber and a yogurt, garlic, lemon and onion sauce. Took a pic of the raw burgers then didn't get any more before the family sucked them down.

No pron didn't happen.:biggrin:

Throwing my hat in on this one.
1/4 lb burger, sea salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder mixed in. Dusted them with Todd's Dirt (Mmmmm good stuff Maynard!) cooked on the OTG over Rancher and hickory.
Topped with bacon (also cooked on the Weber), cheddar cheese, sliced onion, roasted red bell pepper (on the Weber), and a chipotle mayonaisse.

This was an AWESOME burger.
Sorry about the pics, still learning the new camera.
burgerthrowdown001.jpg

burgerthrowdown002.jpg

burgerthrowdown005.jpg

The photos don't do this burger justice!

How about a 1/2 burger with Swiss, Cheddar and Munster cheese. Add some onions, Pickles and Lettuce. Cook them to perfection. Then find out your camera battery is not just low charged, it's dead.

That was my life last night. So for all your viewing pleasure, a big .....

X

So RTD are those sauces worth getting? The Apple Glaze, Cherry Q sauce and the Maple Q sauce. Found them on their website, and they want $13 for the 3 bottle gift pack and $13 to ship to California. Just wondering if they are worth $8 per bottle.

Here's a thirdeye burger...... all beef seasoned with the Kreuz Market rub, cooked below the USDA recommended internal temperature :icon_devil, topped with some muenster cheese and jalapenos, with mustard as the only condiment.

DSC06519JPGa.jpg

DSC06522JPGa.jpg

Brisket Burger

Here is my entry. I started by grinding a brisket flat, forming into patties and applying some of my beef rub, as show in the pic below:
ground_brisket.jpg

I put on the WSM at 250 along with some Pig Candy:biggrin: I cooked the burger until it hit 185 internal.
meat_done.jpg

I put the Brisket Burger on an Onion Bun and topped with a slice of Smoked Cheddar and a slice of Smoked Pepper Jack cheese. Then I laid on 6 slices of Pig Candy, a few Jalapeno Slices, a good pile of French Fried Onions, and some BBQ Sauce. This was a very good burger.:wink:
brisket_burger.jpg

Here is my entry. I started by grinding a brisket flat, forming into patties and applying some of my beef rub, as show in the pic below:
ground_brisket.jpg

I put on the WSM at 250 along with some Pig Candy:biggrin: I cooked the burger until it hit 185 internal.
meat_done.jpg

I put the Brisket Burger on an Onion Bun and topped with a slice of Smoked Cheddar and a slice of Smoked Pepper Jack cheese. Then I laid on 6 slices of Pig Candy, a few Jalapeno Slices, a good pile of French Fried Onions, and some BBQ Sauce. This was a very good burger.:wink:
brisket_burger.jpg

I don't believe you!!! You better send me one so I can decide for myself!! Dang, that looks really good. :eusa_clap

My first entry. Made these last night. I bought a meat grinder for myself for Christmas and cranked out my own. The full thread is here.

Ground Chuck seasoned only with S&P, center cut bacon, White Cheddar and Chipotle Cheese, Purple Onion, Green Leaf Lettuce, Clausen Pickles, and a kicked up Mayo made with Miracle Whip,garlic,Habanero hot sauce, and Mrs. Dog's Chipotle Salt. (damn good)

067.jpg

280.jpg

316.jpg

Back