THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What was I thinking :redface:

Better late than never?

Phew! Glad you found one. It'd be a pity if Chris DQ'ed you for not having the video after posting that yummy food.

Is there going to be a separate vote thread for the videos?:heh:

No telling what Chris might do. He might post the videos with the food. He might even just post the videos and forget the food! :shocked:

Chicken salad was one of my early TD entries too...:tape:

I haven't been through all the old threads on throwdowns... I did go look at all the winners from the last year though. That sandwich was just about all I got to eat out of that batch of chicken salad. I have a little left and my parents at some and the GF's parents ate some and its about gone... lol

Hot time in the summer

Here's the the cook thread. Nothing says Summer to me Like grilled steak...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108860

The vid

YouTube - ‪Sly & the Family Stone - Hot Fun in the Summertime‬‏

The TD pic

withsauce.jpg

I've never been a big fan of squash, but that flat iron steak and grill mushrooms looks goooooood. Relace the squash with some grilled asparagus, and set an extra place at the table for me. :thumb:

CD

To me, summer means bratwurst on the grill. I like to simmer them in beer and then finish them on a hot grill. I have to have stone ground mustard and caramelized onions on mine. On the side we had a Pasta Primavera Salad and slices tomatoes and fresh mozzarella with Pear Gorgonzola vinaigrette.

IMG_0639.JPG

And...

YouTube - ‪Brian Setzer - 'Summertime Blues' (Live)‬‏

Well since I posted a Video I better put up some pron. For me Summertime always meant outdoor cooking, usually grilled steak or chicken with some simple sides. Today I grilled my new favorite cut of beef............. Picanha. I sliced the Picanha against the grain about 1/2" to 3/4" thick and grilled it over direct heat using Stumps briquettes, I also grilled some corn normally in the S.F. Bay Area we get Brentwood super sweet white corn but it isn't in yet.

Here is the sliced Picanha just before getting a light dusting of Rub Co Santa Maria (love the color).
steaks.jpg

On the grill with the corn
grill.jpg

and plated with some Pasta salad and sliced cherry tomatoes with mozzarella.
plate2.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Today was Father's Day, so we had a BBQ with the main food group that father's love, meat. I began by marinating some flap meat in the last of the BBQ marinade from Phubar. I think I liked it this way the best and skewered the chunks on Gore's new cord skewers.

IMG_7797.jpg

Then I prepared some lamb chops with EVOO that was infused with crushed fresh oregano from the garden and adding salt and pepper:

IMG_7798.jpg

These were grilled on my Oval.

IMG_7801.jpg

I served this up with a skewer of shrimp, corn on the cob and some tomatoes.

IMG_7817.jpg

and we had some cookies for dessert:

IMG_7799.jpg

Happy Father's Day!

Thanks for looking.

Unless those cookies were grilled or smoked, I think they should be disqualified.

CD:tsk:

Back