THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Since you are going to Ace to get you a chimney....find you a nice chicken throne.....usally holds a beer can, set whole chicken on top of, seal the neck with a onion or potato, fire up the grill and offset cook you a whole bird.....google beer can chicken or ask here on the forum if you like the idea.....

Attachments

• beerbutt7.jpg
    beerbutt7.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Since you are going to Ace to get you a chimney....find you a nice chicken throne.....usally holds a beer can, set whole chicken on top of, seal the neck with a onion or potato, fire up the grill and offset cook you a whole bird.....google beer can chicken or ask here on the forum if you like the idea.....

I have hear dof this beer can up the butt chicken...... sounds gross, but good as well! haha

Offset cook? What the heck is that? Off to google the answer!!! haha

offset cook.......build your fire on one side of the grill, put your product on the other side, close lid....indirect cooking......

Attachments

• Misc_%20Pics%20123105%20010.jpg
    Misc_%20Pics%20123105%20010.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 47
Others have touched on the lighter fluid - and it looks like you're on the right road now! Great lookin' grub for just throwing something together - love Mont jack on my hotdogs. And good luck finishing up that degree.

He's catchin' on...

See..... I think it was the beer I bought! ;)

Others have touched on the lighter fluid - and it looks like you're on the right road now! Great lookin' grub for just throwing something together - love Mont jack on my hotdogs. And good luck finishing up that degree.

Yeah the Mont Jack was a great move. We only had that and American, it was a no brainer.... and turned out delicious

Thanks for the well wishes on the degree..... I am hoping to get that done fairly soon

Not arguing, but the cheap chimney from Lowe's aint all that bad. I have one in my trailer and one in my garage. And I think they are only $6, so even when it does rust out it's not a big loss.

But, my next one will be a Weber - not only will it hold up longer and hold more coals, but it also has a better design to get coals going more efficiently.

Don't let this ornery bunch pick on ya too much Bengal, you put out a good lookin meal.:biggrin:

i've found that my local hd has the cheapest weber chimney. under 13.00.
i bought another one just incase the price goes up and my other one wears out. as to lighter fluid i lite some off once in awhile for that nostalgic smell. aaaahhhh, the smell of youth.

i've found that my local hd has the cheapest weber chimney. under 13.00.
i bought another one just incase the price goes up and my other one wears out. as to lighter fluid i lite some off once in awhile for that nostalgic smell. aaaahhhh, the smell of youth.

hahaha, i missed it so much from the cooking that I dumped a bunch on the bonfire last night

Ah, the sweet smell of learning! hahaha

Tsk Tsk. Lighter fluid bad. But u is be getting learned. that there is be a good ting. grilling is a great thing. BBQing is even better. low and slow, whether using the indirect method or off set. Once you get into that, you will definitely be hooked. Q on bro.

Tsk Tsk. Lighter fluid bad. But u is be getting learned. that there is be a good ting. grilling is a great thing. BBQing is even better. low and slow, whether using the indirect method or off set. Once you get into that, you will definitely be hooked. Q on bro.

Yeah, I am lokoing forward to being able to offset or smoke with a UDS in the near future

Boiling ribs is far more egregious that lighter fluid!! The biggest fluid mistake you can make is to not let it completly burn off!! I usually use a small alcohol backpacker stove to light my chimneys - no petroleum smell, no taste, etc. However, 1 sheet of the local paper with a couple of tablespoons of cooking oil will get the job done.

The beauty of the chimney is that you can start as much charcoal as you need. When I'm using my WSM I start about 15 briquettes in the chimney. When I'm using my Kingfisher stick-burner -- I start two full chimneys to light off the charcoal basket before adding sticks.

The biggest advantage to the Weber chimney is durability. As one who used to use a propane burner to start the chimneys -- the el-cheapos won't last long and you haven't lived until you've dumped a full chimney of lit charcoal on your feet!

What?? No one likes me in my thong?? Just wait for the Kettering comp when I will be dancing in my thong! :icon_sick

You'll do fine... I wouldn't worry to much about the lighter fluid, we've all made mistakes before... Just learn from it...

As you can see, there are a buch of us that are more than willing to answer any questions you may have!

Bengal, other than the lighter fluid it sounds like you have the enthusiasm to become a master pitmaster of Groveport, OH. Keep active on this forum and you will learn a lot and then we can learn from your sucess. Cool deal bro!
He's willing to learn, that's the hard part!

I know, i know
and
Rule 3 = DO NOT BOIL RIBS!!!!!!!!!!
Actually I think that's rule number 1!

You'll do fine... I wouldn't worry to much about the lighter fluid, we've all made mistakes before... Just learn from it...

As you can see, there are a buch of us that are more than willing to answer any questions you may have!

He's willing to learn, that's the hard part!

Actually I think that's rule number 1!

hahaha...

well, it was #3 in my learning process! haha

Back