THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dont get the charbroil chimney... thats what HD and lowes carries..

Sears and ACE hardware has the webers, and amazon too.. .... the charbroil will crap out in a few months.. the weber will last for years.

and weber has much larger capacity.

I'm not sure we allow Pauley Shore references here.

Moderators?

hahaha.... too funny

Sears and ACE hardware has the webers, and amazon too.. .... the charbroil will crap out in a few months.. the weber will last for years.

noted.

Tomorrow I will find the closest ACE. I know where a close Sears is, but I think it will be a lot more cool if I go to Ace

I agree with Phil on the Charbroil chimneys vs. Weber. I have one of each and keep both outside. The Weber still looks new, while the Charbroil has a considerable iron oxide patina by now. Also, the Weber is bigger.

Another option to consider when lighting, is a map gas torch. I usually start fires with lump charcoal, and a minute or two with the torch is a couple of places is enough to get the fire going.

Good luck! Hopefully your plans to finish your schooling won't interfere with your barbequeing. ;)

Stick around here TBT, and you'll learn plenty of good info that will have your wife, friends and neighbors drooling. :razz:

And don't be skeered of making mistakes on the grill - that's why God made more meat for next time. :biggrin:

Live and learn brother - no worries about the lighter fluid. Like the others have said - keep reading and learning. This is the place to practice your cooking, get advice, support and inspiration.

Alright....easy on the new guy folks. It was an honest mistake..... I didn't see any "rules" section. Is this posted somewhere, I would hate to make another make such as this!

How about some ideas other than lighter fluid? What the crap is a charcoal chimney for starters?

Hey remember just don't boil ribs and you'll be fine...lol...:biggrin:

When I really want to get the wife in the mood, I put a little lighter fluid behing my ears. It's cologne, ya know.

Actually, the only use of lighter fluid sanctioned by the Brethren is for removing the gooey adhesive film left by some price tags and stickers.

But ya know what? You went out on a limb, found some food in the freezer, got creative, and cooked up a heck of a feed bag, and that's what matters.

Sears and ACE hardware has the webers, and amazon too.. .... the charbroil will crap out in a few months..
the weber will last for years.

This is a true statement to a fact. But I had a large capisity weber, RIP after only a few months it was gone. Design flaw, such a disapointment, It just wasn't built to stand up to a truck backing up over it.:oops::biggrin:

HAHA...the dreaded lighter fluid huh?? :razz: No worries brother. As far as me helping you out....not a problem. I can come up right after the competition probably. Gotta go there and learn some things as I help Bug Mike out.

I am glad to see you posted pron...everyone here likes to see the pics because without pron, it didn't happen! :biggrin:

Looks like you did good. I tend to do the same thong...look through the fridge and see if I can't come up with something fun and new to eat.

Oh so true!

Please whatever you do "Dont boil your ribs"...Yup your learning for sure. Next you will be canvassing the local meat department for "Scores" (Great deals on meat) and you too can be like BigMista and come home with 100lbs of pork sausage take pictures and brag about your meat (Ooop's) :shock: Hey the Lighter fluid is over now get back to Qing I am sure the little lady will also like it for sure.. Any questions feel free to ask....

HAHA...the dreaded lighter fluid huh?? :razz: No worries brother. As far as me helping you out....not a problem. I can come up right after the competition probably. Gotta go there and learn some things as I help Bug Mike out.

I am glad to see you posted pron...everyone here likes to see the pics because without pron, it didn't happen! :biggrin:

Looks like you did good. I tend to do the same thong...look through the fridge and see if I can't come up with something fun and new to eat.

Are you talking about the comp in Kettering? I may goto that to check some things out as well. Man, the food was tasty....even with using lighter fluid.

Please whatever you do "Dont boil your ribs"...Yup your learning for sure. Next you will be canvassing the local meat department for "Scores" (Great deals on meat) and you too can be like BigMista and come home with 100lbs of pork sausage take pictures and brag about your meat (Ooop's) :shock: Hey the Lighter fluid is over now get back to Qing I am sure the little lady will also like it for sure.. Any questions feel free to ask....

I am already about to "fix" the old refrigerator in the basement so I can use the freezer for meat. It just needs a new seal around the door! Boo-Yah

Looks like we all had a good laugh at your expense bro...:lol::lol::lol:...it's all good though!:biggrin: Toss the lighter fluid and you'll be rewarded with the TRUE flavor of BBQ...the above mentioned chimney starter or the weed burner work very well depending on what you're firing up.

IMG_3899.jpg

IMG_3569.jpg

IMG_3442.jpg

Check your local Craig's list for old "gassers" for a free propane tank then you can get the torch for about 15.00 at Harbor Freight.:biggrin:

Looks like we all had a good laugh at your expense bro...:lol::lol::lol:...it's all good though!:biggrin: Toss the lighter fluid and you'll be rewarded with the TRUE flavor of BBQ...the above mentioned chimney starter or the weed burner work very well depending on what you're firing up.

Check your local Craig's list for old "gassers" for a free propane tank then you can get the torch for about 15.00 at Harbor Freight.:biggrin:

I am not sure I am ready for a "flame thrower" just yet. I will keep my eye out on craiglist though. Better to be prepared if I decide on a whim I want one NOW! haha

Depot last I checke dwas selling the weber chimney, and at harbor freight they had the weed burner on sale for 18.99 yesterday (bought one to help burn out drum for UDS). Lowes had the charbroil chimney. I have both chimneys the weber is much bettter made als burns better. I think it has to do with the small holes going up the side and the smaller holes (many more holes) at the bottom.
I found the chimney not only gives you better flavor but they light quicker, so you can cook quicker

Hey Stay Down, your scarin me here. I don't like the mental picture of you or most any of the brethren I have met looking through the fridge in a "thong".

Hey Stay Down, your scarin me here. I don't like the mental picture of you or most any of the brethren I have met looking through the fridge in a "thong".

Yeah! Way to go Barbarian. Even I was going to leave that alone. Now I've got a visual...

Back