BBQ Brethren "Sandwich" Throwdown!

it's not a matter of whether or not he appreciated it or not. i did it to funk's photo once and messed up the vote thread and it had to start over and gore got restarted out of some votes. i'm trying to prevent that from happening again.

Hi Rick, just to let you know, calling that revote was definitely the right thing to do. For me, these throwdowns are about the fun. In this particular case, my entry was whimsical and I was completely shocked to receive any votes at all. With all the good entries for the Hot and Fast throwdown, I was relieved not to win and to be able to run a victory lap for Buster Dog:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1097869&postcount=2

Your point is very well made though.

my entry
DSC02514.jpg

G'day Bruces...

Here's my entry to the Sammich throwdown:

PP2.jpg

I was amazed at how the whole cut of pork just fell to bits.... I looked at a lot of threads to learn how to do this. Believe me people, I'd never heard of doing pork like this until becoming a Brethren.

Anyway, here is the pulled pork, on a BBQ toasted Turkish Bread, with gravy made totally from the meat juices. It is accompanied with Guerry's Slaw recipe, and some rabbit food to keep the wife happy, and some kosher pickles.

Tasted super!

Cheers!

Bill
First pulled pork didja say? :eusa_clap

OK, here we go. Three marinated (Italian dressing) and smoked (With Todd's dirt) chicken breasts, boneless, skinless. 2/3 cup whole milk yogurt, 2/3 cup sour cream. 1 tbs curry powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp mustard powder, 1/2 tsp Indian red pepper, several dashes hot sauce, Three shoots celery diced, one half medium red onion diced, 1/2 red bell pepper diced, two hands full kalamari olives diced. Mix and let blend in fridge overnight. More to follow.

Pastrami on Marble Rye

Here is my entry for this week's throwdown. The competition keeps getting tougher and tougher... Sure glad this is just for fun, grumble grumble....

Attachments

• pastrami3 010.jpg
    pastrami3 010.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 248
Great sandwich. I have a soft spot in my heart (and an empty spot in my stomach) for pastrami on rye.

This mornings breakfast is my entry for the throw down- cheddar and jalepeno fattie with egg on a whole wheat english muffin- Please use the second pic as my entry.

DSCF2959.jpg

DSCF2960.jpg

Bo, I was looking everywhere for the pastrami sandwiches...and you came through for me! (hope I didn't miss someone elses) And those tomatoes...So red...so juicy! Yum! You got my vote man.

Here is my entry for this week's throwdown. The competition keeps getting tougher and tougher... Sure glad this is just for fun, grumble grumble....

OK, here we go. Three marinated (Italian dressing) and smoked (With Todd's dirt) chicken breasts, boneless, skinless. 2/3 cup whole milk yogurt, 2/3 cup sour cream. 1 tbs curry powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp mustard powder, 1/2 tsp Indian red pepper, several dashes hot sauce, Three shoots celery diced, one half medium red onion diced, 1/2 red bell pepper diced, two hands full kalamari olives diced. Mix and let blend in fridge overnight.

I can't wait to see this one!:cool:

Don't get your hopes up. I think Guerry is new school, no pics, just a description of the dish. Nice description there. Reads deliciously. Not sure about the kalamari olives though. Are these stuffed with kalamari, or are they a new kind of olive grown in the ocean and related to squid? :icon_bugeyed

Don't get your hopes up. I think Guerry is new school, no pics, just a description of the dish. Nice description there. Reads deliciously. Not sure about the kalamari olives though. Are these stuffed with kalamari, or are they a new kind of olive grown in the ocean and related to squid? :icon_bugeyed
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

He's into the suspense... can you feel the tension?.... hang on there.....:wink::shock::eek::mrgreen:

the killer

here's mine.

toasted wheat hoagie bun w/ melted swiss & cheddar,ham,thin sliced smoked sirloin tip,sauteed onions & shrooms,au jus & brown gravy,horsey sauce, & german mustard.black pepper sprinkled on.
superbowlwings006.jpg

Back