BBQ Brethren "Mustard" Throwdown

I have just had my mind completely blown looking at this thread. I don't think I've seen throwing down quite like this. Holy fark! You guys are awesome - all y'all:thumb:.

Pied de Porc à la Moutarde et la Bière, à l'Américaine

G'Day Bruces' :becky:

I just made a monster post in Q-Talk... So just a few photo's here.. Man, this was a big effort. I was really impressed with the choice of TD and was thinkng about this for a long time. I love my Mustard, so I hope I've done this justice.

I had a base recipe:
DSC_0024_2225.jpg

I did an injection..
DSC_0002_2215.jpg

I had a middle third of a leg of pork..
DSC_0012_2218.jpg

It got injected and got French's Mustard Slather and then a generous dusting of Steph's Farkin' Magnificent Spicy Apply Rub!
DSC_0019_2221.jpg

Then it got smoked..
DSC_0030_2230.jpg

And had a Mustard Breadcrumb crust added.
DSC_0051_2247.jpg

Stuffed tomatoes with Mustard..
DSC_0045_2242.jpg

Beans with Mustard Vinaigrette...
DSC_0058_2252.jpg

Gravy, with Mustard...
DSC_0052_2248.jpg

Alltogether now....
DSC_0061_2255.jpg

A closeup of the mustard crust...
DSC_0069_2263.jpg

And Plated... Man this was gooood! (TD PIC, but might change my mind!)
DSC_0071_2265.jpg

No... REAL Good!

Mustard is fantastic. It can be so subtle, yet it can blow your head off if you are not careful. What I've tried to do here is show many ways that mustard can be used for many different dishes. The only part of the meal that had no mustard was the corn. I figured if the kids didn't like the mustard that they could at least have some corn. My concerns were unnecessary... there was not a scrap left on any plate..:thumb:

Finally, Burnt Finger Jason... thanks for getting my brain cells working again... what an awesome choice!

Cheers!

Bill

Last edited:
Uhh...Bill?

You submitted that at....oh fark, I don't know Australian time. From where I'm sitting though...it was after midnight Central time.

Since there were so few entries, and because I am going to assume that Australia time and maybe even some alcohol kept you from realizing the proper deadline time (but mostly because you're not Gore) I will not DQ you for it.

Unless of course you were going for a DQ...in which case you will find it is not that easy. You see, to properly get a fair DQ you must submit something that you think has at best a 50/50 chance of either making it or getting DQ'ed. Submitting something that blatantly violates the rules will result in a different kind of thing...TBA!:becky:

WOW!!!
Nice work you guys!

Good choice on the sinappia ECode...
I still have a bit lePht.:thumb:

IMG_2004.jpg

Back