BBQ Brethren "Love/Hate" Throwdown!

I must admit, that I didn't appreciate red, or even pink meat until I was an adult. Until then, it had to be cooked to a dingy gray. I think that's why I developed a fondness for jerky. But there are soooooo many things I didn't like. Brussel sprouts and sharp bleu cheese, for example. I decided to combine these into one special dish I like to call, "Dinner." I seasoned the steaks with some Foil Hat, parsley, and black pepper

IMG_7757.jpg

and grilled them.

IMG_7758-1.jpg

I served them up with bleu cheese sauce and skewered Brussels w/bacon (and a Belgian ale that I probably wouldn't have liked as a kid):

IMG_7776.jpg

I couldn't decide whether it was best to eat this with a spoon,

IMG_7789-1.jpg

or a knife. For some reason I couldn't seem to find any forks :rolleyes:

IMG_7780.jpg

Thank goodness I've seen the error of my ways.
Thanks for looking!

That is a beautiful thing! Still not a fan of the sprouts, but I gotta say, those look so inviting. I did not have blue cheese as a child; I think I would have died on the spot if I did. Love it now tho'!

I did not have blue cheese as a child; I think I would have died on the spot if I did.

My mom also put bleu cheese on all the salads she made for us. Definitely, she was trying to do me in. Don't know how I survived.

How did you get such a lovely color on that steak? Is it the Foil Hat?

I'm assuming you mean the reddish-orange color and not the blue. That would be the Foil Hat Rub. One of the main ingredients is paprika, the redder the better.

Back