BBQ Brethren "In a Shell" Throwdown

In regards to a prior post (since deleted) that was regarded as offensive by some, the issue has been resolved between the involved parties and is (in my opinion) a closed issue.

If anyone chooses to escalate this issue further, they will be moderated. Now....where were we?

Last edited:
I've sent Redhot and deguerre a private apology, but I do want to apologize to anyone else who might have been offended. I was being crass and it did not occur to me when I posted it that the comment would be considered offensive and inappropriate, which it was. The comment has been removed. To anyone that was offended, I sincerely apologize.

Does anyone else think bigabyte needs a different color for his mod posts? That orange isn't working for me.

What about purple?

CD

Shells anyone...can we get back to shells? I had no idea what I was going to do for this TD when I called it but I think I have a pretty cool idea now, maybe!

Redhot, I would think a Chicago style pizza would qualify, esp since it has a high rim, just like a pie shell. Of course, I could always do a calzone just to be safe. And does the "shell" have to be grilled or smoked, or just the inside stuff? This is getting confusing...:confused:

Shells anyone...can we get back to shells? I had no idea what I was going to do for this TD when I called it but I think I have a pretty cool idea now, maybe!

Are you suggesting (gasp) we stay on topic. :shock:

CD

Moose, I'm sure it would be perfectly fine if YOU submit a Chicago-style pizza. I don't think YOU would be DQ'ed. :roll: :becky:

Are you suggesting (gasp) we stay on topic. :shock:

CD

What's the topic again?

3shellvernet.jpg

I'm thinking shellfish, but I doubt I can find what I need here in the desert! How bout some turtle soup served in the shell?

Redhot, I would think a Chicago style pizza would qualify, esp since it has a high rim, just like a pie shell. Of course, I could always do a calzone just to be safe. And does the "shell" have to be grilled or smoked, or just the inside stuff? This is getting confusing...:confused:

I suppose a pizza would qualify if it has a high rim, it is a pizza pie shell right? Although that's not what I envisioned when I called it. And no, the shell does not have to be grilled/smoked but the stuff inside does. Hmmm, you're confusing me now! :confused: Maybe I should have thought about this a bit more before calling it, or does it just mean that I get to call the rules?:becky:

I'm thinking shellfish, but I doubt I can find what I need here in the desert! How bout some turtle soup served in the shell?

Yeah! But only if you take a vid of you eating that turtle shell and post it so we all know you actually ate it.:becky:

I suppose a pizza would qualify if it has a high rim, it is a pizza pie shell right? Although that's not what I envisioned when I called it. And no, the shell does not have to be grilled/smoked but the stuff inside does. Hmmm, you're confusing me now! :confused: Maybe I should have thought about this a bit more before calling it, or does it just mean that I get to call the rules?:becky:

"Did somebody say 'special rules'?"

2696223985_ccbf51a1e6.jpg

Back