BBQ Brethren "In a Shell" Throwdown

Then I would think a Chicago Style pizza would fit the bill nicely. I've been waiting a LONG time hoping there would be a pizza throwdown at some point...this may be my chance. Then again, crispy tacos would also qualify, I would think....

I would think a Stromboli or calzone would be more in keeping with a shell theme.

CD

I wasn't aware the shells had to be crispy. Is that a limitation? So pasta shells are out then?

I'm so confused. Redhot is messing with us like she does with Guerry when he's lit. And, I gave her a tying vote in the tortilla throwdown -- a very simple throwdown, I might add. Boy, they don't make 'em like that, anymore.

CD :becky:

Turducken?
A corn dog?
This will take some thought, which means I am doomed:becky:

Anyone else notice Guerry did a bit of unexplained editing at 2:14 and 2:16 after he spilled the beans and got called on it by Michele at 1:31?

Can you say SWOOSH... :heh:

Yeah, I'm thinking he's confined to his crate for now. It could be awhile before she puts quesadillas in his bowl again.

CD

If it's served with me holding it in my hands would it count? Because lately I feel like a shell of a human being...and I'm fine with you eating me.

:becky:

Only if you plan on eating your hand:becky:

Well, it would be crunchy, so that would qualify, but that is because of the bones, so it wouldn't get any votes, ... unless it had a warning label. Oh this is much too confusing. Maybe Redhot can just give us each a cooking assignment. That would be much easier. :thumb:

Well, it would be crunchy, so that would qualify, but that is because of the bones, so it wouldn't get any votes, ... unless it had a warning label. Oh this is much too confusing. Maybe Redhot can just give us each a cooking assignment. That would be much easier. :thumb:
You mean the shells have to be boneless? Is that a requirement? I'm getting confused.

I wasn't aware the shells had to be crispy. Is that a limitation? So pasta shells are out then?

No, it does not have to be crispy and yes, pasta shells are allowed.

I'm so confused. Redhot is messing with us like she does with Guerry when he's lit. And, I gave her a tying vote in the tortilla throwdown -- a very simple throwdown, I might add. Boy, they don't make 'em like that, anymore.

CD :becky:

I think y'all are confusing yourselves...Guerry was right, pasta shells, pastry shells, candy shells, taco shells and yeah, soft shell crabs will work too, as long as the dish is in a shell and the shell is edible. I'm sure there are more types of shells (although I don't think a Chicago style pizza crust would be considered a shell because it's flat) than what I mentioned so put your thinking caps on and get creative! Geesh, maybe I should have stuck with my first idea for the next TD and gone with dairy!:doh:

I don't think they have to be boneless, just edible. It is awfully confusing though to call something like "in a shell" and actually require the dish to be NOT in a shell, since a real shell is not edible. This is exactly the opposite of calling "Eggs" and NOT allowing someone to submit eggplant. :mad2:

Well, in doing some quick research I think I have found my inspiration.

Tada!!! Shell!!!

shell5458-185x114.gif

Shell is a petroleum company which means oil. Thus, anything fried qualifies, right?

Back