BBQ Brethren "I'm Absolutely Stuffed" Throwdown!

OMG, this throwdown has just gotten too much.

Looks like I chose a bad time to return to the Throwdowns

I'm getting hungry, Bob. Someone's just teasing me with a bloody Mary too. I can't seem to find one anywhere. :mmph:

With the last two..............I'm Out - YouTube

sorry, this is not related to the TD but i miss seinfeld. :sad: it's the best show ever made. i actually have this pic hanging in our room. true story.

46525.jpg

Someone's just teasing me with a bloody Mary too. I can't seem to find one anywhere. :mmph:

I realize it is illegal to.....ah...........er......gather votes........however......I know of a place which serves Bloody Marys with garters and nylons.......if you know what I mean............sailor......:whistle:

Originally, I simply read the title and assumed this TD required some sort of stuffed food...then I read further and gained more understanding. Unfortunately, I'm too lazy to change plans part way through, so I decided to make something STUFFED that would also LEAVE us STUFFED.

My main ingredients:
IMG_4884_zpsfd26de9e.jpg

Grab a pound of bacon to fry up:
IMG_4899_zpsd18da03d.jpg

Two pounds of ground chuck, combined with some garlic and S&P:
IMG_4886_zps02d6e738.jpg

Starting the mixing process, including the Cute Kid Mod:
IMG_4888_zpsc427a7b9.jpg

1/2 pound ground chuck patties (total for both halves), stuffed with herbed goat cheese:
IMG_4891_zps81eb2226.jpg

Patties completely formed...the boy wouldn't get out of the shot, and honestly I need all the help I can get...
IMG_4895_zps76c0a73b.jpg

On the kettle, set up for reverse sear:
IMG_4903_zps804da5db.jpg

While the burgers cooked, I sauteed an onion with some garlic, butter, and a hint of woosie sauce:
IMG_4901_zps8636cbb6.jpg

Burgers nearly done, tossing the buns on to toast:
IMG_4905_zpsfef82a43.jpg

Goat cheese stuffed burgers topped with sauteed onions and bacon, along with a salad (extra bacon crumbled up and added to the salad) and some tots:
IMG_4907_zps02e73426.jpg

And the money shot:
IMG_4911_zpsfd72cdb9.jpg

Please use the last pic as my entry. They probably could have been cooked a bit longer in order to melt the cheese a little bit more, but such is the curse of folks like us who like our burgers more on the rare side. Overall it was very tasty, and we all were sufficiently stuffed!

Well now. 11 (Or 12, can't figure out if either ecode entry will be credited to Gore...) outstanding entries! This is going to be a most difficult vote. Hey Moose! You're starting out just as lazy as Bigabyte. No poll?:tsk:

Awww, c'mon Guerry, that really hurts. You know my first job was working in a donut shop and I worked all the way up to being the head baker when I finished. I still crave the apple fritters I used to make. Wow, those were great. Sometimes when I wake up at 4:00 am, I just roll over and think how crazy I was. Ok, enough of that cr@p, Erin also worked in a donut shop and, ... you think she's going to trust me to make any donuts now? :crazy:

Wow, guys are ready for a good Moose polling already? You really are a bunch of TD sluts, aren't you?:wacko:

You'll have to settle for my poll this week. Moose doesn't think it's quite the right time yet for his poll to go up.

Moose is going to do something though. I'm sure we'll all figure out what it is when it happens.

I was hoping I could taunt Chris with something unhelpful here, but it wouldn't do any good. :pout:

Looks like providing helpful advice in the Throwdown forums is off limits also.

I'm pretty sure anything and everything that happens in the Throwdown is assumed to be "unhelpful" from the start.

True dat. Can you imagine having SPAMFish posts marked as helpful so that folks can be led right to it?:der:

Back