Quesodiablo!

Man, that was some work...well, when you're sick I guess everything feels like work! I used 2 jalapeno/cheese large tortillas and 2 plain. Marinated then grilled red onion, red pepper, jalapenos and serranos. Chicken was marinated overnight in Italian dressing + oregeno, jalapeno flakes, red pepper flakes, lemon juice and "Arizona Rub - Pistol Whip", which contains habanero, cayenne and crushed red pepper flakes - HOT! I also made guacamole (avocado, cayenne, garlic, lime juice and salt) and pico de gallo (vine ripe tomato, serranos, green onions, cilantro and salt). The chicken and peppers were grilled on the kettle with a few chunks of cherry. Then assembled adding shredded cheddar, colby, green onions and diced tomatoes; folded twice to make a double-decker then sprayed with olive oil and finished off in the oven (to make it crispy). Served with pico de gallo, guacamole and sour cream. YUM! They may not be pretty but wow, I love these quesadillas - oh, I mean quesadiablos! And I honestly think I will use jalapenos and serranos instead of 3 different color bells - I only need one bell for the sweetness. The guacamole is in an avocado skin. Pix are a bit out of order but I don't want to start over...pic #3 is what I was going to use for the TD but I chose another one that I thought was more appealing. These were WOW GREAT...but I still think Guerry nailed it with those ribeye kabobs - and they were HOT!:thumb:
Attached Images
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• QuesoDiablo!.jpg
    QuesoDiablo!.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
I started with Onion,Jalapeos and Sorano chiles cut them into slices and gave the a liberal coat of Habenero hot sauce. Got some hot and spicy Brats and all went on the UDS for about an hour. Everything came off and was assymbled before being devoured and Yes they were HOT....:flame:

Alan! And Amber actually lets you out of the house?!?:shock:

I'm not a fan of editting but I really wanted the cook pix in the TD thread. I am still not quite sure which pic to use...#3 was what I originally wanted but then deguerre and me liked the last one which was built as a double-decker. I think I'll go with the last one Chris.

Wow, there have been some great entries while I was gone. I almost decided to vote for DeGuerre based on his lobbying efforts directly after his post. But, then he went too far and now I am thinking enchiladas. I don't think I could eat those brats.

Here's the dog I'm tossing into this fight. Here's how I made em SALSAAA!
Pretty much every meal is a Scoville meal here. Dinner always get eaten with at least a raw or pickled jap or some kinda hot salsa. I made today's HOTTER. I can show you the after shots tomorrow morning if ya wanna see em.:mad2: It won't be pretty!:sick:
NJOY!
013-1.jpg

A Simply, Simple Hot Pork Burger

For this throwdown, I went with pepper filled pork burgers, slow smoked on the UDS. I used one lb ground pork, to which I added chopped jalapenos, serranos, pasillas, chili powder, cumin and a very special blend from my friend Darrell, dried pepper flakes(they are hot). The patties were smoked on the UDS to 155*IT with a chunk of Australian pine. The burgers were finished with melted Colby Jack cheese, a dollop of sour cream, slices of habanero, and serrano peppers served over vine ripe tomatoes and a slice of nice pumpernickel. They were quite good, and created a bit of sweat. Thank you for looking.
hotgoods.jpg

hotbowl.jpg

hotuds.jpg
TD entry, thanks for looking.
hotplate.jpg

Back