THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm not saying that's the case here but remember LOOKS CAN BE DECEIVING

I agree. Maybe I should try tofu before voting...hmm, don't know if I wanna spend the $$$$. And another thing that I just don't understand...why on earth would you even cook tofu AND bacon candy together????? Am I missing something? I guess I am...but still, I hope you enjoyed your hot-a$$ tofu; but I figure folks think I'm strange too 'cause I like eggplant! Your plate looked really yummy to me though!:thumb:

I agree. Maybe I should try tofu before voting...hmm, don't know if I wanna spend the $$$$. And another thing that I just don't understand...why on earth would you even cook tofu AND bacon candy together????? Am I missing something? I guess I am...but still, I hope you enjoyed your hot-a$$ tofu; but I figure folks think I'm strange too 'cause I like eggplant! Your plate looked really yummy to me though!:thumb:

I had some really yummy tofu just yesterday. As Bob could tell you, there is good tofu and bad tofu. The bad tofu (that is usually available) is really bad, but the good can be heavenly. I like tofu AND eggplant and I don't think anyone thinks I'm that strange.... Uh, right? :rolleyes:

Here is my entry encompassing the tri-fold nature of "hot" required for this throwdown.

IMG_0300-1.jpg

The write-up can be found here in Wood Pile:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96562

When this category came up, my husband begged me to make some chili. His preference is for a meaty short-rib chili without beans. I began by smoking some boneless beef shortribs. These were seasoned with Foil Hat Rub, as were the pork ribs in the background:

IMG_0274.jpg

The shortribs were smoked for about 3 hours before removing to go into the chili pot. I began by sauteeing onions in EVOO and ancho chile powder:

IMG_0278.jpg

To this I added the short ribs.

IMG_0279.jpg

then some tomato sauce, more chile powder and beef demi-glace:

IMG_0280.jpg

I also added some Turkish aleppo chile powder that has a bit of heat. This all went onto My Primo Oval and simmered for about 6 hours:

IMG_0287.jpg

Incidentally, when the ribs were finally ready, I sauced them with a mix of Sweet Baby Ray's and some Sriracha. The combination was my husband's idea and I hate to admit it but it was an awesome one. This sweet-hot blend is really good:

IMG_0288.jpg

It's always nice to have some bread with chili, so I made up some sourdough and cooked this on my Oval as rustic loaves. I had to run out, and my husband put these on, so they are a bit more rustic than normal:

IMG_0293.jpg

Finally, I served it all up:

IMG_0311-1.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Beanless chili, I'm all over that. Truly looks and sounds like a killer dish!

:thumb:
Cook thread to be updated .
Indian Extra Hot Pepper marinaded Rib Eye...

CRAP! I am gonna hafta give deguerre my vote...ribeyes, cubed, marinated in some super HOT chit, then grilled to perfection with marinated HOT veggies?!!!!! Glad he took lots of pix 'cause I scarfed that chit down like there was no tomorrow!:becky: Hands down; he blew me outta the water this time! Go Guerry! :thumb:
Crap! keep forgetting to check who is logged in...that was me, Redhot. will try to delete this but do not know if i can!:doh::doh::doh:

Yes. It does. But does it look good enough for forgive what he did to those poor, innocent ribeyes?

Yeah, I guess so. I forgive you, Guerry :hug:
At least he didn't do that to some Filets.:crazy: Just saying.:becky: Speaking of which, I still haven't ground down that Tenderloin....

Back