BBQ Brethren "Hot and Spicy" Throwdown

Buffalo Peppers

I couldn't decide whether to do Buffalo Wings or ABT's for this throwdown, so I did this hybrid of the two instead. I think Buffalo Atomic Buffalo Turds sounds redundant, so these may need their own name of some sort.

I started with 6 large ripe Jalapeno's.
BuffaloPeppers_Raw_Japs.jpg

I sliced them down from the stem towards the tip of the pepper to slice off a "cap" This gave me access to the insides while giving me a deep cavity once hollowed out.

I then removed the skin from 6 Chicken Thighs. I deboned one small chicken thigh and divided it into 6 pieces, saving the skins and the 6 small pieces, and putting the rest of the chicken away to be used later for something else.

I filled the peppers with a cheese filling made from Cream Cheese and Blue Cheese Crumbles seasoned with a touch of Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt and Pepper. Instead of replacing the sliced pepper "cap", I capped it with a piece of the Chicken Thigh meat. Then I wrapped the pepper with the chicken skin.
BuffaloPeppers_StuffedAndWrapped.jpg

I put these in a dish to marinate in some Wing Sauce which in this case was equal parts Butter and Franks Hot Sauce.
BuffaloPeppers_InMarinade.jpg

I fired up my kettle offset with some K-Briqs and Cherry Chunks. I set the peppers up offset from the coals for 15 minutes, then spooned some more of the sauce over them. After Another 15 minutes the skin looked crispy so I spooned more sauce on them, removed them from the grill, and plated with the finest Chinet plate I could find (smoothest edges).
BuffaloPeppers_Done0.jpg

My name is Chris Baker and I approve this dish.

:shock:HOLY FARK!!! That is just wrong on so many levels. Chicken skin wrapped japs???? I hear chicken skin is the New Bacon!! Man, those look so dang good!!!!! The bad part about this idea is that now I'm gonna want to take the skin off all the chicken parts to use them on something else! You my friend hit that one out of the ballpark. I'd so hit those. :eusa_clap

Geeza-Peeza Chris and Bob! Ya'll are giving Rick a run for his money!!!

Chris totally went above and beyond! I love the chicken skin wrapped japs! Makes my heart skip a beat just looking at it!
How about chicken skin bacon wrapped japs? Just a thought....

Chris, gotta approve too, amazing, and a great idea. Reminds me a bit of the lemon titted chickens. Wonder what else can be done with chicken skin.

Wow, just Wow! terrific idea and excellent execution. Smoked then deep fried would be interesting too.

now I need a snack I was fightin it off till i saw that pizza

Hey . . . did you have permission to use that AWESOME photo?

(Just a thought, man. Just a thought.)
I did not seek permission. I found it on a Google search, found the site using it and listed the site as the source of the photo. The photo is actually linked to the photo on their site, and not copied here.

Chicken skin, cheese stuffed peppers, chinette, Priceless...:biggrin:

Man, great idea Chris!

Chris you may have started something. what are you going to name them. They do look very tasty. If we cook chicken Josh goes and eats ALL of the skin before it hits the table

Back