BBQ Brethren "Hot and Spicy" Throwdown

Rick, Did you put some of your chili pepper BBQ sauce (aka chipotles in adobo) :-D on the pizza? That would have made it hot and spicy without the jalapenos!

Well, I have to admit, one of my major motivations in picking “hot and spicy” was that I wanted to see what else RTD was going to do with his hot peppers J

Rick, when you post photos you don’t disappoint!

The other motive was that I have thousands of hot peppers in my garden right now. But my wife’s grandpa had a stroke and is not doing well so we are out of town. I don’t think I’m gona be able to enter this one, but I will enjoy seeing the entries.

Even though I cannot compete with the photography skills in these throwdowns, here is yet another football game snack:

Chopped Chuck Steak Sloppy Joe

Chuck steak; grilled and chopped. Sauce is bbq sauce simmered with chipotle sauce and finely minced onions and red serrano peppers.

Spicy enough to sizzle LSU to victory! -and quite yummy to boot.

chucksloppy.jpg

Last edited:
That is one nice looking sloppy joe!:cool:

That pizza looks HOT! I've done that a few times myself, got a little too crazy with the peppers.:lol:

Well, Mrs. Brisket decided what I'll be cooking tomorrow. I made a batch of red chile today using the guajillo peppers I bought. WOW. These peppers really have a stronger and deeper red chile flavor and it has some nice heat to it. Great stuff. I was going to do either some chili or chile colorado, but the Wifey said she wanted enchiladas. I'm going with some red 'chiladas New Mexico style. Stacked, not rolled and served Montadas(Mounted) with a fried egg or two. I'll be using the leftover pork form last week's picnic and tossing it in the sauce and then frying up the torts on the grill in the CI skillet and going from there. I'm already hungry!:twisted:

That sounds really good Bob. I am curious to see if your stacked enchiladas are similar to something I made a long while ago...enchilada "lasagna".

I second those guajillo peppers!

Rick, Did you put some of your chili pepper BBQ sauce (aka chipotles in adobo) :-D on the pizza? That would have made it hot and spicy without the jalapenos!

it had fresh jalapeno & dried chipotle & chipotle en adobo :biggrin:

Well, I have to admit, one of my major motivations in picking “hot and spicy” was that I wanted to see what else RTD was going to do with his hot peppers J

Rick, when you post photos you don’t disappoint!

The other motive was that I have thousands of hot peppers in my garden right now. But my wife’s grandpa had a stroke and is not doing well so we are out of town. I don’t think I’m gona be able to enter this one, but I will enjoy seeing the entries.

thanks, man. i was making pizza anyway as i usually do on friday and then the hot & spicy thing showed up and :idea: that's two pizzas in a row for the throwdowns. :biggrin:

i've got 10 plants full of jalapenos still, so i need to do something with the rest of them. the neighbor said abt's 8)

3981903791_a6ee013e80_b.jpg

Here they are. Funny thing is all my photos had this foggy appearance to them. Then I did some inspecting and found my daughter's little sticky fingerprint on the lense! LOL!!:-D

Hmm, now I wonder if maybe she did this on purpose in order to put her own little signature on the pics!:-D

that's a lot of clicks in photoshop to create that look! :biggrin:

nice, plate, sir

Proposed amendment to the rules:

Bob Brisket must wait until last hour before turning in any photos since he intimidates and discourages other hopeful competitors.:twisted:

:wink:

Back