THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aha. I see. So you aren't home on any upcoming Friday then? That would be a problem.

Of course, you can always enter dishes that don't follow the rules.:becky:

There there is this rule...
The item must be Grilled or Smoked during the cooking process, or feature Grilled or Smoked ingredients in a prominent manner.

Technically, you could take some beef jerky that you made up and smoked on one of your cookers a few days before, and it would be eligible. This rule was worded as such when the first Pizza TD came around, because not everyone could make pizza outside on their smoker. As long as they smoked/grilled enough of the ingredients to therefore make it primarily a grilled/smoked dish, then it still counted. This is why most fried entries are eligible, because the food is smoked/grilled before it is fried.:thumb:

An example of a dish following the rules in that spirit is that sandwich I posted today. Those meatballs were grilled on my kettle, and were the main component of the sandwich. Sure, they were leftovers, and I did not heat them up on the kettle, but that does not matter, so long as the grilled/smoked ingredients were the prominent feature.

I see a potential double entry, although I don't generally approve of double entries. But, if it will improve my chances of going to this imaginary place known as hell, I'm thinking I should do a meat dish, probably pork, that has booze in it.

Besides, there are too many farking throwdowns going on at one time. I don't have the time or money for all this.

I will, however, refrain from the use of pasta, as the Flying Spaghetti Monster disapproves of the frivolous use of pasta for things such as throwdowns.

And, what's wrong with leftovers throwdowns?

CD :becky:

But he said he cooked it last night. That is a DQ buddy!!

dairy-queen-dilly-bar.jpg

I think he just wanted to show off his meatballs :twitch: :crazy:

So I was at Sam's Club last night in the meat department trying to figure out if I should buy a pork loin, or a loin strip, or maybe even a beef tenderloin, when I saw a bag full of fresh frozen, gutted and scaled Tilapia.:shock: I took it as a sign from Heaven.

So this morning I eagerly fired up the grill to start my journey to my new destination.

Lucy didn't seem interested in any meat at all this morning, and she seemed kinda grossed out by the fish. Once I gave her some of her favorite breakfast items though, she and her little bunny were pretty happy.
R_IMG_1358.jpg

R_IMG_1356.jpg

I started the fish on the hot side of the grill because I honestly have no farking clue what I'm doing. I've never gone to Heaven before.
R_IMG_1359.jpg

Then I finished it up on the cooler side.
R_IMG_1361.jpg

I gotta admit, I could get into this whole salvation thing!:becky:
R_IMG_1366.jpg

R_IMG_1362.jpg

I figured I better have some vegetables too.
R_IMG_1369.jpg

R_IMG_1372.jpg

I also made a sauce with some Butter, Brown Sugar, a healthy dose of Southern Comfort, and some Dijon Mustard. Don't worry, this sauce was home made and did not come from a jar or a can.
R_IMG_1374.jpg

It was pretty good.
R_IMG_1378.jpg

Thanks Bill! I really do feel a whole lot better this morning.:thumb:

Since today is meatless Friday and I cooked fish for dinner, I've decided to enter this dish on the side of Team Heaven. Let's go Team!

My wonderful wife asked if she could pick something up for me for the Throwdown to cook. I thought that sounded like a wonderful idea. When I got home, I found that she picked up some some beautiful filets. I have no idea what kind of fish it was, but they were really thick and meaty. The bones were big too, so no chance of swallowing one of those and dying. I seasoned them up for cooking with some Foil Hat Rub.

IMG_4797-1.jpg

I figured this was such a special fish, that I'd make a special sauce for it also. Here are most of the ingredients. I actually decided against the cinnamon and used cocoa instead. I also borrowed a clear thickener from my wife. Sure beat the cornstarch I was going to use.

IMG_4811.jpg

Note on the far left is a can of Guinness. That is also some wonderful homemade cider vinegar. It's very smooth and has a bit of alcohol in it too. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the sauce I made, but it was very dark and clear. I was very lazy taking pictures, although I did get a picture of a fish drawn by the girls. I think they were feeling the Throwdown spirit.

IMG_4806.jpg

In fact, I didn't even take any picture of the fish while it was cooking. The cooking times were varied as in addition to the filets, there was also a whole fish, head and all. It took a very long time to get this to cook properly. I actually cooked this fish for two full hours with oak for smoke. It wasn't done, so I ended up foiling it for nearly two more hours. Finally I said to heck with this. I took that fish out of the foil, sauced it and threw it on for another 15 minutes or so. I know you all like to see fish heads, so I'm using the whole fish, head and all, as my entry pic. I hope you're not too disgusted.

IMG_4821.jpg

The sauce must've been really unique as this tasted like no other fish I have ever had before. It was really good though, as you can see from this picture.

IMG_4831.jpg

It was so good, in fact, that I even went back and ate the head. :shock:

NICE!:clap:

I noticed you didn't cook any sides. Wise choice!:thumb: I cooked sides and wound up going to hell.:tsk: You should be all clear to get through them pearly gates!:nod:

Be sure and write me from heaven and let me know what it's like!:becky:

Sure, whatever you say...

BIZARRO GORE!!!

Yeah, you thought you could slip that commercial brew past me, didn't you?:tsk: We all know Gore only uses the finest home brewed stouts.:nod:

...as a side note, that nod smiley above, I accidentally typed as :cod: Can we get a :cod: smiley?

Back