BBQ Brethren "Fusion" Throwdown! (Entries and Quality *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

All right, getting all the unspent energy from these posts and collecting them into the supercollider vault. Need more power.......the next generation is building, please stay tuned, this chit is gonna rock!
Where are you Mini-me?

Well, I guess I'll toss this in.
From the american south to south of the border, I present my Pulled pork smokey enchiladas.

Started by Smoking a small butt on my Weber Performer;
Omeletteenchiladasandporkbutt019_zpsb00ab5e9.jpg

Had some leftovers a couple days later, so I turned it into this:
Omeletteenchiladasandporkbutt027_zpsbd2845c0.jpg

Added a little cumin, diced green chilies, sliced black olives and pepperjack cheese to the pork;
Omeletteenchiladasandporkbutt029_zpsf497a578.jpg

filled up some corn tortillas
Omeletteenchiladasandporkbutt033_zpsd71622ea.jpg

And here are the results;

My official entry pic for the "Fusion Throwdown"
Omeletteenchiladasandporkbutt043_zps3ea0c51f.jpg

It was pretty darn tasty too! You can see the complete thread in Q-Talk.

Thanks,

KC

I decided to try something a little different for this TD. After trying to figure out what the heck fusion was, I came up with merging BBQ with Sushi. The result was something a little weird but also very tasty! Please accept this picture as my official entry photo.

That is inspired genius indeed, Oifmarine! :clap:

Lasagna Mexicana and Buffalo Wings

Here is my official entry, please

The full build can be seen here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158055

This is my fusion lasagna mexicana and Buffalo wings. The wings represent good ol' 'Marican NY. And for the Italian lasagna I substitute chorizo, queso fresco, and enchilada sauce from the Mexican culinary traditions. Everything, except the pasta noodles, was cooked at the pit.

fusionwngs_sauced_zps4961690b.jpg

fusionlas_built_zpseadb6f01.jpg

fusionlas_finished_zps99ed177a.jpg

Please use this next pic as my specific entry

fusiionlasag_plated_zps869299cd.jpg

fusiionlasag_plated2_zpsc22a09ed.jpg

Lastly, let's not forget our "Fusion" libations-- Mexican tequila margarita, with a touch of schnapps (representing Germany) and an Aussie beer chaser!

fusion_drinkingreds_zps39db1de8.jpg
fusiondrink_marg_zpsf40d4ad2.jpg

Last edited:
Ecode went to the store and found this wonderful example of fusion right there in the supermarket:

IMG_7320.jpg

Yes, somehow, they have managed to fuse a pig and a duck and make bacon! :shock: I decided to make a little breakfast snack.

IMG_7323.jpg

Bacon and eggs are the classic breakfast, so I whipped up some pig eggs to go with the duck bacon:

IMG_7325.jpg

A fusion breakfast of confusion:

IMG_7349.jpg

Bacon, eggs, and toast. :thumb:

International Mac-N-Cheese Fusion Bite Nirvana

International Mac-N-Cheese Fusion Bite Nirvana

After contemplating what fusion is, I started to think about how my household’s favorite mac-n-cheese already has elements of fusion in it and then I started to think how I could add more international influences to take it to the next level.
Here I present, for your enjoyment, my household’s favorite fusion recipe:
[FONT=&quot]• [/FONT]North American wheat fashioned into elbow macaroni;
[FONT=&quot]• [/FONT]Tossed in the French inspired Mornay Sauce, which itself, of course, is a fusion of the French Béchamel sauce, Swiss Gruyere Cheese and Italian Parmesano Reggiano (for added pleasure I chose Stravecchio aged 36 months); and
[FONT=&quot]• [/FONT]Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar Cheese cubes.

Here are the players:
FusionMnC-01.jpg
The BĂ©chamel sauce comes together. Swiss and Italian cheeses at the ready.
FusionMnC-02.jpg
Everything stirred together
FusionMnC-03.jpg
Ready to bake
FusionMnC-04.jpg
Hot out of the oven
FusionMnC-05.jpg

The resulting mixture is topped with more cheese and baked until bubbly and browned on top. Normally that is when we, as a family, dig in, but on this fine occasion, I felt inspired to add Asian influences to this delight.
After baking the mixture, I allowed it to cool overnight, and removed it from the pan the next day. I then cut the Mornay Elbows-n-Cheese into dipping-sized bars, dredged them in an egg wash, and then carefully coated them in Panko, Japanese-style breadcrumbs.
Meanwhile, I heated up my trusty 12 inch cast iron pan (made in China) with cooking oil until it hit 375. Just 2 minutes on each side produced a crunchy-on-the-outside cheesy-creamy on-the-inside bite that needed one last thing to kick it up a notch – a quick dip in Sriracha dipping sauce and we attained International Mac-N-Cheese Bite Nirvana.
FusionMnC-06.jpg
FusionMnC-07.jpg
FusionMnC-08.jpg
FusionMnC-09.jpg

FusionMnC-10.jpg

We attained clean plate status in under five minutes.
FusionMnC-11.jpg

Here's My Entry Photo:
FusionMnC-12.jpg
Thanks for looking!

fusion_drinkingreds_zps39db1de8.jpg

OMG, that beer looks positively radioactive!!!! The can has turned GREEN!

Here's how it should have started out...

fostersdentedcantap_1.jpg

Jesus, it was poison before! Now what????:shocked:

Cheers!

Bill

may i present....general gau's MOINK balls. blasphemy on many levels yes, but my fusion dish. :becky:

started with some ground beef and ingredients to make MOINKS.

photo (4).JPG

wrapped em and seasoned.

photo (5).JPG

on the cooker.

photo (6).JPG

done! (i'll take a cert). ;)

photo (9).JPG

then i made a sauce with these ingredients.

photo (7).JPG

deep fried the MOINK balls in a coating of cornstarch andthen sauteed them in the sauce.

photo (10).JPG

plated and ready to eat wioth some jasmine rice.

general gau's MOINK balls!

photo (12).JPG

thanks for looking!

Pepper stout beef meets Alcatra.

My official take on the Fusion TD... I mean entry.

This is something I've wanted to do for a while now and thought I could spin it for the Aussie TD but the clay baker I ordered from Amazon arrived broken. :mmph:

No worries the replacement they sent me should be here for the south of the border TD (which would have been an easy spin) but the farker arrived broken. :mmph:

Ok I'll order one from Cooks.com and it will be here for the Fusion TD. FARKING CRACKED :mmph::frusty::frusty:

But the show must go on so I seasoned up a 5lb Chuckie with S&P and allspice tossed it on the WSM with some wine soaked oak I had picked up from Greenleaf BBQ awhile back. Here's the chuckie going on the smoker about 5 hrs too late (Farking NASCAR).

seasoned.jpg

Here is where we deviate from the Pepper stout chuckie everyone is familiar with. For the braising liquid we are going to go with wine but first I need to make a paste for the chuckie. It starts with about 1/2 lb of slab bacon.

bacon.jpg

I dice it up and render out the fat in some EVOO.

bacon2.jpg

Once the bacon has rendered out I remove the bacon and add about 1/2 a red onion, 8 garlic cloves finely chopped and about 10 whole peppercorns. After about 15 minute I added about 3 tablespoons of tomato paste and 1 tablespoon of malegueta (crusher red pepper) cooked for about 10 minutes covered. I then de-glazed the pan with about 1/2 cup of red wine and let reduce in half. This next step is where the clay baker would have come in, I lined the bottom of a cast iron roaster with 3 bell peppers and 1 large red onion sliced. The chuckie has hit 150 (wanted to go until 165 but farkin NASCAR). The chuckie was coated with the paste that I made in the pan.

potted.jpg

Had to sneak a peak about 1.5 hours in. :tsk:

peekabo.jpg

Here it is shredded and reduced down a bit.

shreaded2.jpg

So good over rice and the sammich was fabulous, thanks for looking. :thumb:

money2.jpg

Our Fusion.
We are blessed in Australia,we have the United nations of food fusions all over.
Our mix would be English/Aussie with a Sweet and Sour Chinese Blend.
Let the pictures speak.
005Medium_zps65fc7773.jpg

010Medium_zpsb3d5a353.jpg

014Medium_zps52f7cb8b.jpg

015Medium_zps03715a28.jpg

016Medium_zpsd525c635.jpg

017Medium_zps03c85ba1.jpg

018Medium_zps3f75990e.jpg

019Medium_zpscfbdb470.jpg

023Medium_zps4828ca32.jpg

025Medium_zpsb3a55034.jpg

029Medium_zps2b06bf72.jpg

031Medium_zpsf5888cff.jpg

038Medium_zpsf2e191a8.jpg

044Medium_zpsee12dc0f.jpg

060Medium_zpsfebd3006.jpg

062Medium_zps3b0284fe.jpg

079Medium_zps5655879e.jpg

Please use this as our official Entry to Fusion.
060Medium_zpsfebd3006.jpg

Back