Wow, another low-fat entry, this time from Grillman. Looks great!

62953453.jpg

That's a serious plate of fried you got there! Yours is one VERY creative entry! :clap2:

For my entry in the throwdown, I came up with The Gravy-Filled-Fatty Fried-Biscuit-Ball. I'll skip the full explanation since it's in Q-Talk and just hit the high lites.
First, one gravy filled Fatty went onto the UDS.
050.jpg

Some biscuit dough with black pepper was mixed up and a pot full of pure bacon grease was prepared. Out came the fatty and it was time to put it all together.
057.jpg

The Fatty was cut into 1 inch sections, I would take biscuit dough in one hand and make a small bowl, place the fatty inside and then immediately place more dough on top to cover up the gravy center of the fatty, and from there worked the dough around from both sides until it joined and formed into a nice ball shape.
058.jpg

From there, off into the hot bacon grease they went to fry up!
059.jpg

Here they are, all fried up and golden brown.
060.jpg

There was a required stay in the oven to make sure that they were cooked all the way through and the center was nice a gooey. (I leave it to the moderators discretion to pick between the next to pics for my throwdown pic. :becky:)
067.jpg

066.jpg

OMG! These things are crispy and buttery on the outside with a nice black pepper taste the further in you go followed by an explosion of gooey gravy with salty sausage goodness. :hungry::thumb::becky:
In the end, these were quite a bit of work but, everything was from scratch and they tasted truly awesome.:thumb::cool:

Just lookin at that makes my arteries hard

Started prep for some blackened burgers last night and thought to myself, "Self, your going to fry these on the outdoor kitchen on a CI skillet. Why not enter them?"

Started with some Old Bay Blackened Seasoning, 2 - 1/2 lb. burgers, bacon, blue cheese and a matter.

102_0579.jpg

Fried the bacon first for some nice pork fat:

102_0581.jpg

Then added a little canola oil to the fat and on with the burgers:

102_0582.jpg

Flipped and added the bacon and blue cheese:

102_0583.jpg

102_0584.jpg

102_0586.jpg

I guess you can use the last shot for my entry. If you see one better, go ahead. Guess I need to hone my photo skills. It's fun though!

Thanks, Gary

Bacon and bleu cheese is my favorite burger. I'd love one of those for breakfast right now!

G'Day Bruces... Here's my Entry...

Aussie Fried Chicken... I've put all the rest of the stuff in this thread.

The wings were brined and then coated in my home made seasoning... I'll be doing this again... they tasted awesome and were SO crunchy!

Just 2 pics here...
DSC_0008_240.jpg

DSC_0014_246.jpg

Chris, please use the first pic for the vote thread..

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

Bill

Paw Paw Cormier's Shrimp Courtbouillon

Paw Paw Cormier has a restaurant in Lake Charles, La. and his fish courtbouillon is known far and wide. I borrowed his recipe and used shrimp. The courtbouillon is white onion, celery, bell pepper, green onion, parsley, tomatoes, garlic and seasoning. It simmers on the stove for about 20 minutes to reduce.

DSC_0270.jpg

While the courtbouillon was doing its thing, I fried up some gulf shrimp. I messed around with several different batter concoctions so some are darker, mealier and/or crunchier than others. I got the real dark ones from Transocean.

DSC_0272.jpg

Once the courtbouillon has reduced, you lay the fried shrimp on top, lower the heat, cover and simmer for about 25 minutes.

DSC_0276.jpg

After it all simmers together, the shrimp soaks up the rich flavor of the courtbouillon. Almost ready to serve.

DSC_0279.jpg

You spoon the courtbouillon and shrimp over steamed rice. I used a basmati mix. I laid on some fresh fried shrimp for some added goodness and served along with a Shiner 101. [please use the following photo as my entry]

DSC_0302-1.jpg

DSC_0281-1.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful looking wings Bill. I want to eat those NOW!

Awesome looking dish HighQ. I can almost taste those shrimp now.

As soon as I saw fried come up I knew that it had to be Chicken Fried Steak and Eggs with Rule #2 intact.

Got a really hot bed of coals going in the Weber while Little H (Mrs. Big T) got going on the biscuits

4592982552_63f84cce12_b.jpg

Then I got the sausage cooking (for flavoring the oil and for the gravy)

4592368913_b6452f781a_b.jpg

Once the sausage was done I added more canola oil and let it get up to temp

4592374545_f55095aac3_b.jpg

Steaks coated up and ready to go into their bath

4592379923_4664f1a636_b.jpg

They were kinda big so I had to do them one at a time (I used the Gas Grill as a warmer for the finished steak and the sausage)

4593010754_733fd46009_b.jpg

Then I put the used oil into a pan on the gas grill side burner so I could fry some eggs while Little H made the gravy

4593014994_8c83478049_b.jpg

4592400159_6ed101ff67_b.jpg

4592404345_633f6849b8_b.jpg

The little pouch on the side is the left over steak cooking up to add to the dogs' breakfast

The we have the finished product - Please use this picture

4593028692_d6a55669c0_b.jpg

And a complete and balanced breakfast - Hot coffee and Pineapple Orange Banana Juice

4592414679_964e6ac176_b.jpg

Thanks for looking - I hope you enjoyed looking at it as much as I enjoyed eating it

Back