My Entry, Jack Daniels Pineapple Pound Cake.

Jack Daniels Pineapple Pound Cake:

There are numerous fried items in this desert. First the basic stuff.

Ingrediants.jpg

I started with a home made dough to make sort of a puff pastry. and then I deep fried them.

Dough.jpg

Fried-Puffs.jpg

And out they came.

Fried-Puffs2.jpg

Sharon, BHSLH, wanted to eat them all right there and then, had to stop her so I had some left.

Next I started the Jack Daniels Sauce, Sweetened Condensed Milk, & Jack, heated.

JD-Sauce.jpg

Next, I fried the cake in butter, lots of butter.:clap2:

Fried-Cake.jpg

Set that aside and fried the Pineapple in brown sugar, butter, and of course, more Jack.:clap2:
Pineapple-in-Sauce.jpg

Plated with the puffs, with a garnish of Pineapple Mint. Use this pron for the money shot.

Finished.jpg

No one liked it. :laugh::laugh:

Empty-Plate.jpg

Don't think I'll be able to beat ecode but, you better believe I'm putting on my extra large tin foil thinking hat for this one.

You obviously have not been reading the Tags for this thread. I personally plan on taking full advantage of this development! :becky:
You're going to fry a shark?:shock:

BTW, Chef Jim, that was OUTSTANDING!

Well here's my first attempt at a Throwdown. Plated last nite.

Its a Cast Iron Fried Striploin with Mushrooms, Onions, Shallots, Sweet Potato, Corn and Brocolli featuring a Baked Potato and local Snow Crab.

I'll put in two pics, please pick which one you like best, can't make up my mind..LOL

P1010007.jpg

s.jpg

I was too swamped last weekend and didn't get a chance to make something so here's something from my archive. In honor of the launch of Burnt Finger BBQ's new cookbook this week, here's the XXXplosion, a beer battered and deep fried bacon explosion.

CIMG1328.jpg

CIMG1334.jpg

CIMG1341.jpg

Love the XXXplosion and the bacon crusted bacon! Awesome! You can still enter this weekend if you like SIDE.

Gravy-Filled-Fatty Fried-Biscuit-Ball

For my entry in the throwdown, I came up with The Gravy-Filled-Fatty Fried-Biscuit-Ball. I'll skip the full explanation since it's in Q-Talk and just hit the high lites.
First, one gravy filled Fatty went onto the UDS.
050.jpg

Some biscuit dough with black pepper was mixed up and a pot full of pure bacon grease was prepared. Out came the fatty and it was time to put it all together.
057.jpg

The Fatty was cut into 1 inch sections, I would take biscuit dough in one hand and make a small bowl, place the fatty inside and then immediately place more dough on top to cover up the gravy center of the fatty, and from there worked the dough around from both sides until it joined and formed into a nice ball shape.
058.jpg

From there, off into the hot bacon grease they went to fry up!
059.jpg

Here they are, all fried up and golden brown.
060.jpg

There was a required stay in the oven to make sure that they were cooked all the way through and the center was nice a gooey. (I leave it to the moderators discretion to pick between the next to pics for my throwdown pic. :becky:)
067.jpg

066.jpg

OMG! These things are crispy and buttery on the outside with a nice black pepper taste the further in you go followed by an explosion of gooey gravy with salty sausage goodness. :hungry::thumb::becky:
In the end, these were quite a bit of work but, everything was from scratch and they tasted truly awesome.:thumb::cool:

Chef Jim, I love cooked pineapple. That looks like a great dessert!

Southern Smoker, great first entry. Great looking meal! Ironically, I think that might be the low-fat option this week!

BigButz, way to go with those inverted biscuits and gravy. You can take them in the car for breakfast on your way to work. Seems like you should market those. If you could get them to fit in a toaster you'll make a fortune!

BigButz, way to go with those inverted biscuits and gravy. You can take them in the car for breakfast on your way to work. Seems like you should market those. If you could get them to fit in a toaster you'll make a fortune!

Actually did eat one on my way to work this morning, man what, a great way to start the day.:thumb:
Toaster..... hmmmm, that gives me another idea.

Just some basic fried food.
First I fried up some bacon...but I only cooked it to about 3/4 done.
Then I drained it and used a paper towel to soak up any extra grease.

Then I dusted the bacon with some flour then coated it with some Onion
ring batter; then pan fried it again, so...Double Fried Bacon.

doublefriedbacon1.jpg

If anybody tries this...I think it will turn out better if it is Deep fried,
instead of being pan fried...as the batter will likely not drain off while cooking.

Then I just cut some Chicken breasts into strips; then dusted them
with flour, then coated them with the onion ring batter...then pan fried
them.
I also sliced some firm tomatoes, dusted them with flour, then into an
egg wash, then coated with some seasoned bread crumbs...then pan fried.
I made them into little snackwiches with some double fried bacon and a
slice of Munster cheese; between two fried tomatoes.

Lastly I sliced a potato very thin and Pan fried the slices for Homemade
Potato Chips.
It probably took 10 years off my life...but; it all tasted good.

2copydm.jpg

Please use this last pic for my entry...\/\/\/\/
62953453.jpg

Last edited:
Back