OK, started with the usual ingredients:

IMG_4692.jpg

IMG_4690.jpg

IMG_4691.jpg

IMG_4694.jpg

All grilled up nice and easy with EVOO. I took it all off the grill, shook it up and this is what I got:

IMG_4716.jpg

Gore, you've outdone yourself...AGAIN! I knew eggplant would be making an appearance on this one. :becky:

:clap:

Gore's entry looks very artistic, but I'm not sure if I want to eat it. Where's the beef?!!!!

Not many entries. I still want to make something, if the weather holds out and I can think of something clever to enter. One day left.

It's auction season, and I'm running all over the country, but I'm home for the weekend, so I need to come up with something. I need to find my old thinking cap.

CD

Well here's the reason I enter these things. I think my ideas are better then Gore's :becky:. When he first started doing these throwdowns we would brain storm and then make something. And he would submit it, but sometimes I had an idea and he would have a different one and he would like his better so we would make that. But I'd be grumpy because as we were cooking I'd be thinking, "why am I making this crap. My idea was soooo much better!" So Gore suggested I open my own account. This was one of those times I'm glad I have my own account because I know my idea is better than Gore's because mine is edible.

First we grilled some asparagus

IMG_4691.jpg

Then I couldn't figure out what would make better petals so I tried bread dough and puff pastry. Turns out they both worked.

IMG_4695.jpg

IMG_4700.jpg

We made a fatty vase and put it all together.

IMG_4729-1-1.jpg

It's nice to know that even if Gore and I can't always agree on what to cook we still have things in common like liking the same artists.

Thanks for looking.

Okay, it has been a really hard working week, but as a farking art major, I felt obligated to enter something in this TD.

Gore and ecode got the classics covered, so I decided to go contemporary, with another crazy farker artist, who didn't cut off his ear.

So, I present to you basic meat and potatoes, Jackson Pollack style.

Homemade mashed red potatoes for the canvas. A grilled bone-in pork loin chop with olive eyes for the Picasso mod touch, and two sauces that I used my (clean) fingers to artistically spritz -- one tomato based, and one mustard based -- to get some red and yellow spray on the food.

Believe it or not, it tasted really good. I ate it all.

picture.php

Thanks for looking, before voting for ecode. :becky:

CD

Okay, it has been a really hard working week, but as a farking art major, I felt obligated to enter something in this TD.

Gore and ecode got the classics covered, so I decided to go contemporary, with another crazy farker artist, who didn't cut off his ear.

So, I present to you basic meat and potatoes, Jackson Pollack style.

Homemade mashed red potatoes for the canvas. A grilled bone-in pork loin chop with olive eyes for the Picasso mod touch, and two sauces that I used my (clean) fingers to artistically spritz -- one tomato based, and one mustard based -- to get some red and yellow spray on the food.

Believe it or not, it tasted really good. I ate it all.

picture.php

Thanks for looking, before voting for ecode. :becky:

CD

Are you sure you didn't use A paint gun? :laugh:
Very creative CD. :thumb:

Back