THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For anyone looking for a sauce to go along with their Saigon 21 experiments, here ya' go... I pulled this out of the Oakridge BBQ recipe archives and substituted the Secret Weapon in the original recipe for the new Saigon 21 prototype. You might also go 50/50 on SW and Saigon. I think that would be very good too...

MJT_8914sh.jpg

Original Recipe Link:
https://www.oakridgebbq.com/asian-wings-thai-fusion-pulled-pork-spring-rolls/

Oakridge BBQ Asian Glaze
  • 1 cup Sweet chili sauce
  • 1 heaping TBSP Hoisin sauce
  • 1 TBSP black soy sauce (you can substitute 1 TBSP reg. soy sauce plus 1 TBSP brown sugar)
  • 1 TBSP Oakridge BBQ Saigon 21 rub (or 1½ tsp Secret Weapon and 1½ tsp Saigon 21)
  • 1½ tsp fish sauce
  • 1 TBSP peeled, microplaned fresh ginger
  • 1 large clove garlic, peeled and microplaned
  • juice of one medium lime

:thumb: :thumb:

Thanks!

I have to tell you.....I made incredible bone in chicken breasts today. I don’t normally buy them but saw them at Audi and bought them. I put a heaping tablespoon of Saigon 21 in a bowl with a cup of non fat plain Greek yogurt. Rubbed it under the skin and all over the breasts. Put it in the fridge for 5 hours then cooked them on the grill. I’m not being dramatic when I say they were incredible. Bad news? No pics. I’m going to do it again next week end and I’ll get pics.

I’ll be devastated if this doesn’t make it to a regular stocked item. I can’t recommend it more. Maybe not the way it was made to be used, but it was great.

Devastated is a bit over the top....clearly I was still chicken-drunk when I typed this out. :crazy:
I have to tell you.....I made incredible bone in chicken breasts today. I don’t normally buy them but saw them at Audi and bought them. I put a heaping tablespoon of Saigon 21 in a bowl with a cup of non fat plain Greek yogurt. Rubbed it under the skin and all over the breasts. Put it in the fridge for 5 hours then cooked them on the grill. I’m not being dramatic when I say they were incredible. Bad news? No pics. I’m going to do it again next week end and I’ll get pics.

I’ll be devastated if this doesn’t make it to a regular stocked item. I can’t recommend it more. Maybe not the way it was made to be used, but it was great.

Thank you for all you do Mike! I only had a chance to use this rub on wings so far but my family and I really love it!

Great news :clap2: any changes to the recipe or should we expect that the production version is what we got with the samples?

Great news :clap2: any changes to the recipe or should we expect that the production version is what we got with the samples?

Hey Suds, two parameters were tweaked in this pre-production release. The final production version -- based on my testing over this weekend -- will have a couple more small tweaks when it is released later this month.

Back