Saigon 21 Rub Review.

Happy Hapgood

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Mike
It may have been April or May when KCMike of Oakridge BBQ sent me a sample of his prototype rub. I read the list of ingredients and go YUK! I'm a Southern Boy, Yes/No etc.

Had Friends coming over today for spare ribs. They had not seen each other in over 40 years. But I digress..

Sunday night I knew it was going to be good. A bat crash landed on my patio while I was setting up the Mighty WSM:

jIZDXiq.jpg

It was BOOBIES up but still alive. I (think) it got concussed by the ton of fireworks going off at the time.

LuzziAnn went to cookin' and She don't play! She made one of her famous Chocolate Pies! About that time I got the idea to give the Saigon 21 Rub a try.

jIKUQNB.jpg

Well, along about that time after LuzziAnn got the yard mowed and whatnot she came back with some full spares natural.

CwPgtDe.jpg

From here it went pretty quick....

Ribs off after 4 hours bite bone good. A couple of shiners in there. The Friends went Crazy over the Rub! These are the best ribs I've had etc.

7TJrLSF.jpg

Apple wood chuck smoke

Th8v1a0.jpg

Bottom line, This rub is Great! Going to try it on my first Baby Back cook.

Thanks again Mike! :thumb:

Got to add one more pic: Precook. I've never seen a rub go green.

SupeAya.jpg

Last edited:
LuzziAnn went to cookin' and She don't play! She made one of her famous Chocolate Pies! About that time I got the idea to give the Saigon 21 Rub a try.

…for one long second there, I thought you were going to say you put it in the pie…

I mean, I like Saigon 21, but no, just no….🤮

It may have been April or May when KCMike of Oakridge BBQ sent me a sample of his prototype rub. I read the list of ingredients and go YUK! I'm a Southern Boy, Yes/No etc.

Had Friends coming over today for spare ribs. They had not seen each other in over 40 years. But I digress..

Sunday night I knew it was going to be good. A bat crash landed on my patio while I was setting up the Mighty WSM:

jIZDXiq.jpg

It was BOOBIES up but still alive. I (think) it got concussed by the ton of fireworks going off at the time.

jIKUQNB.jpg

Well, along about that time after LuzziAnn got the yard mowed and whatnot she came back with some full spares natural.

CwPgtDe.jpg

From here it went pretty quick....

Ribs off after 4 hours bite bone good. A couple of shiners in there. The Friends went Crazy over the Rub! These are the best ribs I've had etc.

7TJrLSF.jpg

Apple wood chuck smoke

Th8v1a0.jpg

Bottom line, This rub is Great! Going to try it on my first Baby Back cook.

Thanks again Mike! :thumb:

Got to add one more pic: Precook. I've never seen a rub go green.

SupeAya.jpg

Nicely done. By the way, are you paying 16Adams to pen your posts or is he doing it gratis?

Hmmmm….I don’t know that I’d smoke the bat. I’d try grilling it for sure. But I’m the same guy that bartered a case of MRE’s and 2 cases of water for a live goat to kill and eat on my first deployment. Needless to say, my 1SG and Platoon Sergeant was not happy. :crazy:

Your going Batty

luzianne sure can cook a feast.
Any links to a chocolate pie?
What a Lady, Landscaping, flooring and Cooking:thumb:

thought you were going to smoke the bat...

Thought about it but they are a rodents with wings and sonar. + They can eat their weight in skeeters. Let it live and it was gone the next morning. Not sure if a night critter got it or it got over the shock. So goes nature.

Last edited:
Hmmmm….I don’t know that I’d smoke the bat. I’d try grilling it for sure. But I’m the same guy that bartered a case of MRE’s and 2 cases of water for a live goat to kill and eat on my first deployment. Needless to say, my 1SG and Platoon Sergeant was not happy. :crazy:

I hear Bats are a delicacy in China. EZ to find, right next to the Wuhan Lab by the wet market.

Back