BBQ Brethren "Cooked With Booze" Throwdown!

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
OK, so I get this PM from buetang...

bluetang said:
Yo Mon! Thanks for da vote! The entertainment value of these TD's cannot be bought, funny damn chit.

For the March 2 TD I'm thinking on a "Cooked with booze" throw down. Meaning the dish has to have booze incorporated in it, beer can chicken ain't gonna get it, nor is "cooking" wines. I wanna see BOOZE:thumb:. I am after all a recipe thief:laugh::thumb:.

Nuttin fer nuttin, this is my 6th visit to the Hall of flame, not my 3rd:biggrin1:
Now, this message really gave me pause.

The first problem, of course, was that I started wondering how the fark I said bluey won 3 Throwdowns instead of six.:der:

There was a bigger problem though. The Valentine's Day TD he won was a "SPECIAL", meaning the winner doesn't get to pick the next category.:doh:

So I started wondering just why the fark ol' bluey thought he had the choice of the next category. Well, I just so happened to say this in the "CONGRATS" thread announcing bluey had won...
As the winner of the BBQ Brethren "Hot & Bothered: Food to gitcha inna Mood" Throwdown, bluetang receives....

1) The exclusive opportunity to choose the next category beginning Friday 3/2!
:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

:loco::loco::loco::loco::loco:

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

I'm telling you...these sorta things are getting more and more frequent. I don't know where the fark my brain went exactly, but if you see it anywhere, please tell it to come back.

Well, I'm not going to be the one to smash bluey's hopes and dreams. That's just not my style. So, I'm calling a SPECIAL Cooked With Booze Throwdown!
DrunkBanana.gif
At least this way, the next time this sorta thing happens, I can just blame it on the booze.

Now for the rules. Other than blue's special requirements about the booze, standard Throwdown rules apply EXCEPT that you ARE ALLOWED to do multiple entries. You can eat as much booze as you like. Just don't hurt yourself or anyone else.

This Throwdown will close at Midnight Central US time on Sunday night 4/15. So get your entries in by then!

Now...GET COOKING!
For+God%2527s+Sake+Send+Booze.jpg

Last edited:
But, I do not allow alcohol in my household.

Okay, nobody is buying that. What to do, what to do -- without a trip to the ER or burning my house down.

Me likey this throwdown, even if it makes the local news.

CD

I think I'm going to do a bourbon injected brisket cooked like a Tri-Tip. :thumb:

Marinated and injected with this concoction for 72 hours and it just might work.:thumb:

3/4 cup strong brewed coffee (Roastin' Ronnie's Twisted Mokka Java)
1/2 cup bourbon (I used George Dickel)
1/2 cup Bigbutz Xtra Hot BBQ sauce
1/2 cup Soy Vay Island Teriyaki (way better/thicker that Kikkomon's)
2 T vinegar (I used some vinegar I pickled red jalapenos in)
1 T oil (used EVOO)

Back