I already cooked my entry. Apparently, I might have to put it into Q-Talk because some people don't even remember it. :mmph:

Sorry, well not really. I'm just used to you and guerry letting your better halves cook your entries.

CD :becky:

Hey guys,

This is my first entry into a throwdown. So may I present my Stuffed, Smoked Lamburger on homemade Rosemary Focaccia.

pitbossman

Last edited:
Absolutely stellar entries!

...and colonel...

Well...

Words don't suffice.

Oh, and bigabacon should never be cooked over direct heat.:becky:

Creole MOINKfish burger

So I had a pound...or 10 of MOINKfish skin leftover from the Cook it Like Gore TD and I received some of this Creole rub from Gadragonfly in the last trade round, so I figured I'd put it to good use!

Probably about a 3/4 lb patty dusted with the above mentioned Creole rub.

IMG_2608.jpg

I was feelin' like some chili on my burger tonight so I decided to kick it up a little bit and make some Andouille chili. Sadly I must have forgotten to take any pics of the chili cooking, but here's a little proof.

IMG_2600.jpg

De-skinned and reground. Cooked some diced onions then added the Andouille, ketchup, white vinegar, ancho chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, garlic powder a little sugar and water. It was outrageous, I couldn't stop eating it. While the burger was cooking I just kept alternating between taking bites of chili and popping tums. :laugh:
IMG_2605.jpg

In the theme of trying to keep this burger regional I originally wanted to do some Abita Turbo Dog onions to go on my creole MOINKfish burger. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any Turbo Dog so I settled for some Mardi Gras Bock. Which as it turns out was most excellent paired with the onions.

IMG_2618.jpg

There was also the small oversight of any on grill cooking pics. I guess you'll just have to trust me on that one. It was actually the first time I set up my egg to cook indirect without the platesetter. The burgers came out excellent and a perfect medium which is right in my wheelhouse.

IMG_2641.jpg

IMG_2654.jpg

The burger was topped with a healthy portion of garlic cheddar cheese, creole mayonnaise and some Zapp's chips I found. :-D I washed it all down with another Abita beer, Restoration Pale Ale.

IMG_2650.jpg

This was one of the most flavorful burgers I can remember. Going in I was afraid the chili was going to overpower the other ingredients but it blended in nicely. What actually made the burger was the Mardi Gras onions...Awesome!!!

Sad thing was I could feel my heart slowing down, so I only ate half, :tsk: the good news is, I saved the other half for you. :thumb:

Here you go, I hope you like salt & vinegar.

IMG_2662.jpg

Use this shot for the TD.

IMG_2626.jpg

:peace:

Burger!

I just went through and saved all of the entry pics so far, to give me a head start on what is going to be the largest VOTE thread I have ever put together.

After going through all these amazing burgers...I am completely stunned. Truly. There is nothing but pure win in this thread so far.

What is crazy, is that the choices are probably going to be so overwhelming...well...I truly don't know what to expect from the voting. It will be interesting, to say the least.

To everyone who entered, thank you for making this the most epic Throwdown thread ever. I am certain that everyone is going to get absolutely slaughtered in the voting thread. I'm not sure how anyone is going to win, but at least one person will. To everyone else, your dishes were still truly great. Trust me. I just looked at all of them.

Now I need to go change my shirt from all of the drool soaking it...

Oh...and by my count, we have...
...entries so far!

The previous list posted was off by one. It had colonel00 as entry numer 25. That's not the case, because he entered as number 36. Just to clear that up, in case anyone is wondering. So take away that one from the previous list, and add up the entries made since then, and it agrees with what I just saved.

Looking forward to more entries! Keep 'em coming. This thread will accept entries posted until 6am Central US time Monday morning 4/23.

Back