BBQ Brethren "Breakfast" Throwdown

Rick, its just not fair how beautiful your pics come out. Am I the only one really wanting granola now? And I don't even like granola.

I eat granola every morning so i thought why not!

smokedgranola-017.jpg

That's definitely not Boat Eggs!
I love the pour shot though and I'd eat that before I had an egg white & tofu omelet.

Well I decided I'd try my hand at this breakfast thing. I smoked some tomatoes (got the idea from tommiegunnz) and sausage for an omelet.

Tomatoes.jpg
tomatoes were smoked skinless for two hours and turned real good, even better after I added a little salt

Sausage.jpg
I first sauted some onions then added some sausage and lightly browned. Then I put them in the smoker for a couple hours.

Breakfast Final.jpg
This is my competition picture.

We will throw one here. Smoked a pork belly this week for the first time. We have done BBB a lot but this was even better. Did a fatty and home made sausage on the drum. Super sweet daughter got us a waffle maker for Christmas so had to make home made waffles. Gawd these are good!. Sliced some pineapple to grill on top of the waffles. Fatty infused gravy in the cast iron. Fried taters in the cast iron on the Weber. And then a couple pics of the breakfast. Good ol' midwest breakfast the brethren have had a big hand in making. Thanks everyone for all the help.

Attachments

• Bkfst 6.jpg
    Bkfst 6.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 286
  • Bkfst 5.jpg
    Bkfst 5.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 285
  • Bkfst 4.jpg
    Bkfst 4.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 284
  • Bkfst 3.jpg
    Bkfst 3.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 285
  • Bkfst 2.jpg
    Bkfst 2.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 285
  • Bkfst 1.jpg
    Bkfst 1.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_2927.jpg
    IMG_2927.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 285
  • Bkfst 7.jpg
    Bkfst 7.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 285
Nice waffles, Meat. Those look like they were done on a stove top with a cast iron griddle. What kind of waffle maker did your daughter get you?

darth, it is made by Oster. These waffles are really really good! Of course, adding butter and hot syrup helps....well a ton!!

Smoked Salmon and Potato Breakfast Cups

Started By curing some Steelhead:

102_0392.jpg

On the UDS for a few hours:

102_0395.jpg

102_0399.jpg

Diced and fried up some tater in the cast iron skillet:

102_0397.jpg

On the hot grill to finish:

102_0400.jpg

102_0404.jpg

Please use this shot for the T-Down. Thanks

gary, that looks awesome man! I got some smoked steelhead in the freezer...might have to try that one!

Back