BBQ Brethren "Bones Gone Wild" Throwdown!

Prime Rib Roast of Pork-bone in

Earlier is the week Sharon told me that she got a pork loin. So Friday I thought I would rotisserie the little devil. When I opened the fridge I was surprised to find this beautiful bone in Rib Roast.

This happens to be my all time favorite cut of pork.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I got the spit and skewered that guy.

Raw.jpg

Then I gave it a light rub, my secrete recipe, and put it on over a very hot fire. After ten minutes this is what I had.

Fire.jpg

Flames and a hot fire sealed in all of the juices. I let this go on for about 20 minutes more and then put the lid on very loosely so the temp would go down. I let it run for another 1.5 hours at 350. Pulled it at 160 and wrapped in double HD foil. Then wrapped in a towel and into the microwave to rest. No I did not try to nuke it!

Sharon got home from work and I got the rest of the dinner ready. Time to unwrap and see how it looked. I could not believe how much juice had come out of it. About a cup. No problem. I cut it down the denter and this is what it looked like. Use this as the entry photo please.

Money-Shot.jpg

Still very moist and done just right, with a very crispy bark and a hint of the Mesquite I used in the fire.

This was the best Prime Pork Roast I have ever done.

Meanwhile the girls were sitting just waiting for something. So colonel, I did give them each a bone. Sorry no pron of that frenzy.

Everyone vote for me!

WOW! :shock: Jim, if I didn't have the most wonderful wife in the world, I think I'd ask you to marry me. :love:

Gore, I'm not quite sure how to take that?:confused:

I think you can take it that you took a pork loin, which I don't consider a particularly easy cut of meat to cook -- it usually comes out on the dry side -- and turned it into this:

Money-Shot.jpg

I give extra points for difficulty and THAT is going to be awfully hard to beat on my scoresheet. :thumb:

Earlier is the week Sharon told me that she got a pork loin. So Friday I thought I would rotisserie the little devil. When I opened the fridge I was surprised to find this beautiful bone in Rib Roast.

This happens to be my all time favorite cut of pork.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I got the spit and skewered that guy.

Raw.jpg

Then I gave it a light rub, my secrete recipe, and put it on over a very hot fire. After ten minutes this is what I had.

Fire.jpg

Flames and a hot fire sealed in all of the juices. I let this go on for about 20 minutes more and then put the lid on very loosely so the temp would go down. I let it run for another 1.5 hours at 350. Pulled it at 160 and wrapped in double HD foil. Then wrapped in a towel and into the microwave to rest. No I did not try to nuke it!

Sharon got home from work and I got the rest of the dinner ready. Time to unwrap and see how it looked. I could not believe how much juice had come out of it. About a cup. No problem. I cut it down the denter and this is what it looked like. Use this as the entry photo please.

Money-Shot.jpg

Still very moist and done just right, with a very crispy bark and a hint of the Mesquite I used in the fire.

This was the best Prime Pork Roast I have ever done.

Meanwhile the girls were sitting just waiting for something. So colonel, I did give them each a bone. Sorry no pron of that frenzy.

Everyone vote for me!

I see the white, but where is the red and blue? And where's the booze? And, is this evil or good?

Or could it be that we have too many throwdowns going at once?

Nice looking entry... I think... or maybe not... I'm so confused!

But, I'd certainly hit that. :thumb:

CD :becky:

I think we did that a while back....maybe we just need more TD categories. :rolleyes:

So if Mongo and ecode both get to pick a category that should make it an even dozen we got goin right?

Will it improve my chances of a zero if I cook something with a bone and submit it while i'm drunk into multiple TD's sometime in the future sooner or later?

I was going to hold out and post it later in the week (it seems later entrees have more steam rolling into the voting rounds) ... but i'm too anxious to hear what everyone thinks ... so here goes ...

I used the Cajun rub that came in this 3 pack on Amazon ... it comes in MOST colleges I know

P2245427.JPG

P2245426.JPG

P2245428.JPG

I left the front bare ... because it's nice for the tin foil bikini to go on ... once the outfit was on. I filled in the rest of the chicken with rub

P2245429.JPG

P2245430.JPG

After an hour and 20 minutes ... this chick had a nice tan

P2245431.JPG

And after the beer kicked on ... it was time for the top to come off :becky:

P2245432.JPG

P2245433.JPG

Back