THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And to top all that off....I've spent most of my life, listening to His stories
of how His Maw would cook Possum and Coon and Turtle and Pigs Nuts and
Squirrel and Rabbit and Goat and Clods of Dirt and piles of Bull$hit and how wonderful that all was.....

Don't know about you guys, but I hope N8man pulls it out and calls the next category. Don't know which of these throwdowns I'd like to see most. I know he hasn't entered yet, but he's got 50 points already on my tally sheet.

Ok, y'all, here goes.

It was a great day, 80 degrees or so, nice breeze and I prepped 2 racks of beef ribs with a worshey slather, then dusted liberally with Simply Marvelous Pecan rub, into the Texas Smokemaster, aka SRV, for the requisite time with hickory wood and some pecan chunks.

No foil, no pool, no pets and I don't do no cigarettes.

Broke out the good stuff, Ranch Style pintos with jalepenos and my rapidly diminishing stock of Shiner.
Respectfully submitted......

Attachments

• Beautiful day in the neighborhood.jpg
    Beautiful day in the neighborhood.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 320
  • Beef ribs ready to plate 2.jpg
    Beef ribs ready to plate 2.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 318
  • Pick one.jpg
    Pick one.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 318
  • This one.jpg
    This one.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 320
Shiner bock and beef BBQ. There never was a more perfect combination. That just makes me so happy.

William

Attachments

• IMG_0295.jpg
    IMG_0295.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 273
dinner.jpg

Here's my entry...

My entry

These are from this past Saturday night. The last picture, ribs on the plate, is my entry pic. And yes, they tasted great!

Attachments

• DSCN0788.jpg
    DSCN0788.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 251
  • DSCN0790.jpg
    DSCN0790.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 249
  • DSCN0794.jpg
    DSCN0794.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 251
My entry for Beef Ribs.

First Pron is ribs rubbed with my special recipe.

Ribs-Rubed.jpg

:clap2::clap2:

Next, I found a few Bad Boys while I was at the meat market, just could not resist!

Bad-boys.jpg

The finished product, please use this as the entry pron.

Rib-Finished.jpg

The best beef ribs I have ever done, the bad boys didn't hurt either! :clap2::clap2:

I did some short ribs the other day. Used Simply Marvelous and on the Kettle. Cooked at 250 a few hours, then into a pan with some roasted veggies, with wine and stock. Served with pan roasted veggies, ham wrapped asparagus. Oh yeah, I burned the farkin bread.

BeefShortribs007.jpg

BeefShortribs008.jpg

BeefShortribs010.jpg

BeefShortribs012.jpg

This is my entry pic, thanks for looking:-D.

BeefShortribs013.jpg

Back