BBQ Brethren "Beef Ribs" Throwdown!!!

Well, so much for that idea, now what can I submit? Nice roast and ribs there.

I got a nice two bone rib roast that's gonna be cut into two humongous cowboy steaks for this one, on the new weber, gonna try a reverse sear I think.

Here's my entry. It's a bit of a strech but I'll throw myself at the judgement of the masses.

Standing rib roast with a garlic and thyme crust, smoked over pecan wood and rosemary. Here's the "making of".

100404_5.jpg
Dang William,

I didn't see that coming :cool: nice play, that looks great!:clap2::clap2:

Boat

I got a nice two bone rib roast that's gonna be cut into two humongous cowboy steaks for this one, on the new weber, gonna try a reverse sear I think.

I can't wait to see that one. Big steaks make me happy.

Boat - Thanks! I was cooking it anyway and thought,"meh, why not?"

William

Man you hit the nail on the head with that one William.

Mike D

I'm thinking if ribs are involved, it's a free for all. Cut the roast into two 35 oz steaks which have been in the fridge overnight with evoo, salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Gonna fire up Dirty Girl for the first time tonight.

I think as in all Throwdowns, once the rules have been posted, it is up to the voters to decide on anything deemed questionable. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a bone-in pork loin, although then if someone did a bone-in chop it could cause some to question if it's a "rib".

So don't look at me, figure out for yourself what you think is right and remember to have fun!:wink:

Like I said, I was cooking it anyway and taking pictures for another thread. If the voters decide otherwise I'm cool with it.

2-for-1 pron, FTW!

William

I think as in all Throwdowns, once the rules have been posted, it is up to the voters to decide on anything deemed questionable. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a bone-in pork loin, although then if someone did a bone-in chop it could cause some to question if it's a "rib".
I am willing to be flexible, but, a pork loin in a beef rib Throwdown just seems incorrect.

Don't want to start something, but isn't this about just ribs?

I'm thinking if ribs are involved, it's a free for all. Cut the roast into two 35 oz steaks which have been in the fridge overnight with evoo, salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Gonna fire up Dirty Girl for the first time tonight.

So don't look at me, figure out for yourself what you think is right and remember to have fun!:wink:

When I chose "Beef Ribs" for this throwdown....I had a picture in my mind
of what Beef Ribs were.
Other people will have a different picture in their mind.

Would a picture of a herd of cows qualify?:confused:
There would be lots of Beef Ribs there; wouldn't there?

Well...if the throwdown was "Pork Ribs"...what would qualify; and what
wouldn't?

As Bigabyte has said..it's up to the voters. All of you have the power to
ignore any entry; that you think does not qualify for that Throwdown.

Vote for the entry you think best represents each Throwdown category.:thumb:

now a beef rib wrapped in pork... :icon_shy:roll::hand:

Just in case I have confused anyone, this is BEEF only, BEEF RIBS only to be specific. What cut you choose to prepare and photograph as Beef Ribs is entirely up to you, and then entirely up to the voters to decide if they will vote for it.

are we having fun yet?

every throwdown seems full of arguments on what the throwdown is. if i ever win again i'm going to select "food" :heh:

It seems to me after participating in the Cast Iron throw down that many of the voters are not even reading the original thread. They seem to treat it as a photo contest more than anything else. Considering this tightening the description a bit would be a good idea IMO. It gets to where it's apples and oranges to judge.

Cowboy Steaks on the Weber. Two 35 oz rib steaks cooked indirect to 120 internal and then seared, back to indirect until internal temp was 132 then pulled and foiled. Also smoked a bunch of jalapenos and put a few on the grill to have with the steaks. Can't decide which pic to use Chris.

Attachments

• steak6.jpg
    steak6.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 348
  • steak7.jpg
    steak7.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:
I'd go with the sliced, I recall getting a comment on my pork chop in the pork chop throwdown that someone didn't vote for me because they couldn't tell what it looked like on the inside. Gotta keep those judges happy, even though no two of them vote alike!:lol:

Back