Barn Burner BBQ at Lambs Farm in Libertyville, IL 10/16 & 10/17 2009!

94 is total construction

Very true Ron, lets hope it changes for the better!

I remember not being able to exit on Rockland Road from I94 south bound last year. Is that still the case??

I might even suggest, if you're pulling something, you might take 94 to Rte 41 at the state line. You'll hit some construction in Gurnee and right after that keep right to Rte 43. Take it south to Rte 176 then turn right, west and it's a couple of miles. literally

It will take you longer but won't be as stressful as those narrow shoulder lanes.

I might even suggest, if you're pulling something, you might take 94 to Rte 41 at the state line. You'll hit some construction in Gurnee and right after that keep right to Rte 43. Take it south to Rte 176 then turn right, west and it's a couple of miles. literally

It will take you longer but won't be as stressful as those narrow shoulder lanes.

Good point! Depending on traffic it may even be faster. Ya never know!

A question for those who have been here before.

What is the comp site like? Claudia's email tonight says it's in the parking lot. Is it paved or gravel? I am wondering if I will be able to stake my canopies down. If it's paved then I will need to figure something else out.
@ years ago I was on gravel when you tried to put stakes in I hit something hard. I assume that it was old asphalt. Bring rope and tie your ez-up to your ice chest or trailer.

Was talking with a buddy last night and he said that there was construction right near the entrance... May want to add some time on for that....

A question for those who have been here before.

What is the comp site like? Claudia's email tonight says it's in the parking lot. Is it paved or gravel? I am wondering if I will be able to stake my canopies down. If it's paved then I will need to figure something else out.

@ years ago I was on gravel when you tried to put stakes in I hit something hard. I assume that it was old asphalt. Bring rope and tie your ez-up to your ice chest or trailer.
I gave up on stakes... Get yourself 4 5-gallon buckets... I fill each one with water (comes to 40 pounds of weight for each bucket) and then tie down to them... Been doing this for a couple of years and never had a problem....

I haven't been up that way for a while. Maybe someone who drives by there regularly can help. i looked at the Illinois Tollway site and it doesn't look like there is an exit there from southbound 294. You can get off at Buckley Road (the previous exit) and head east to 43 and then south to 176 and back west again.
I just call Lambs Farm and the exit is open at 176.

The exit coming from the north is the one from Southbound I-294, isn't it :-D

You cannot exit at 176 driving south on 94. There is definitely an exit if you're going north. Also, you cannot get on 94 going North/West at 176, only South/East.

I love Chicago weather, just stick around and it will change. Maybe a little shower friday night. I hate to check it because next time it will be rain all day.

I love Chicago weather, just stick around and it will change. Maybe a little shower friday night. I hate to check it because next time it will be rain all day.

except in October where its cold,wet and cloudy 99% of the time

good luck..ive tried to contact Claudia 3-4 times ..she doesnt return calls..no big deal im sure i can find something else to do that day besides drive through construction to judge 8)

Sorry it took me so long to contact you back, I suck at this :icon_blush:

Sorry it took me so long to contact you back, I suck at this :icon_blush:
Claudia - check the date of my original post..it was made long before we finally talked a couple weeks ago..no worries.

Of course, that forecast will change 5 or 6 times before then! :rolleyes:

We'll have our fire pit going on Friday night.

Well I guess I'll have to stop there and get warm, can't stand the cold but as long as it's not windy like 07 I think I'll survive :wink:

Back