Bandera found on side of road...

Chris, it might be worth a call to Brinkmann to see if you can get their all metal folding shelf to replace the NB wood version that appears to be in need of some attention.

Your pics and comments are a great statement of why prompt ash cleanup is highly recommended here.

Someone mentioned to me how crappy the photos looked, and I concur. I'll bust out a good camera this evening if I have time before leaving town and replace the slideshow with pictures that are more clear. If I can't get it tonight, I'll do it this weekend.

Stupid camera phone!:mad: Who makes this crap? ...oh yeah. Never mind. Good camera phone!:icon_blush:

I had thought about just making a nice wooden shelf with maybe some hooks and other neato stuff. I'll check out the Brinkmann metal shelf though, since metal is sturdier than wood and all.

Looks like you have the same model as mine. I would put the door gasket mod and the extended smoke stack on the back burner for now and just get the unit operational. Those are 2 mods that can come later. Fix your hinge and get a fire grate mod, oh and a baffle, and fire that motha up!

Remember to season it good on your 1st fire.

I had thought about just making a nice wooden shelf with maybe some hooks and other neato stuff. I'll check out the Brinkmann metal shelf though, since metal is sturdier than wood and all.

The thing I like about the metal shelf is that it folds down and allows for easier covering of the cooker. If you keep it inside, that's probably not a consideration for you. Just a thought.

Back