THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you don't want to be bothered by other "friendly" cooks just buy some walls for your ez-up so your not bothered. Getting mad at a fellow cook for being friendly and not knowing your a jerk ahead of time is just ignorant plan and simple.

FYI not all cooks get "testy" some are surprisingly friendly and helpful.

If you don't want to be bothered by other "friendly" cooks just buy some walls for your ez-up so your not bothered. Getting mad at a fellow cook for being friendly and not knowing your a jerk ahead of time is just ignorant plan and simple.

Or you could just learn some common sense on when not to wander into a fellow competitors campsite.

Man, I never knew that a team that didn't want to hang out with other cooks while assembling their turn in box during the 10 minute window makes them a jerk. I guess I'm a jerk for 40 minutes at every comp. :becky:

What sucks is when people find an opening in the your sidewalls (three up) to find a way to harrass you during turn ins.

I think it was pretty ignorant on your part. A fellow cook just making small talk tries to be friendly and probably could have helped you with your box and you blow him off like he's some spectator. I mean is it his fault your running late and are only slicing your meat with 2 min on the clock. Maybe if you where cool about it he could have given you a hand.

Ignorant? Ingnorant?.....Did you read my post? I Politely told him I could not talk at that moment. I was cutting the meat on schedule....as most people will attest to, you don't bother teams while they are boxing. You make quite a few assumptions in your post that are incorrect. I did not blow him off nor was I running late. Maybe I can come help you with your box when you are boxing without ever having met you. Not.

Did you have sides up on your tent? Or just out in the open?

If you were just out in the open, maybe you were inviting some dialog...the ole "look what she was wearing" defense.

probably not worth posting on the internet about, but makes a great friday night story to tell at the next contest.

Oh wait......are you serious here?? I'm thinking this is just messing around, because if not someone else isn't super friendly either :becky:. I don't think the initial post was in that bad of taste. Made sense to me without getting all hot and bothered.

:jaw:

Did you have sides up on your tent? Or just out in the open?

If you were just out in the open, maybe you were inviting some dialog...the ole "look what she was wearing" defense.

probably not worth posting on the internet about, but makes a great friday night story to tell at the next contest.
you and lght need to quit you both know it was dumb

I think it was pretty ignorant on your part. A fellow cook just making small talk tries to be friendly and probably could have helped you with your box and you blow him off like he's some spectator. I mean is it his fault your running late and are only slicing your meat with 2 min on the clock. Maybe if you where cool about it he could have given you a hand.

:frusty::frusty:

We had a lady walk in our tent as we were doing our brisket box and grabbed a slice and said "Ooooh samples!" We just closed the box and turned it in.

We had a lady walk in our tent as we were doing our brisket box and grabbed a slice and said "Ooooh samples!" We just closed the box and turned it in.

I had a judge walk up to my tent and stick his finger in my injection as I was prepping butts and taste it.

Back