Bacon Wrapped Chicken Stuffed with Spinach & Goat Cheese (PRON)

Hunterman95

is one Smokin' Farker
Tried something new today.

Started by pounding out a few chicken breasts
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwMjIwLTAwMDEyLmpwZw.jpg

Then marinated them in Italian dressing for 4 hours
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwMjIwLTAwMDE0LmpwZw.jpg

stuffed with spinach & goat cheese
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwMjIwLTAwMDE3LmpwZw.jpg

then rolled up and wrapped in bacon & sprinkled with SM Season-All. Then on to the Weber indirect with a chunk of hickory
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwMjIwLTAwMDE4LmpwZw.jpg

then off when IT= 165*
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwMjIwLTAwMDIxLmpwZw.jpg

Served with a baked potato & an ok chard
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwMjIwLTAwMDI3LmpwZw.jpg

and a side salad with my home made Olive Garden-style dressing & the remaining goat cheese
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwMjIwLTAwMDE5LmpwZw.jpg

Overall, it turned out pretty good

Spinach & cheese was good. The goat cheese really gave it a different flavor. And yes, I'd do it again. I think next time I'd double up on the spinach, but the cheese was just about right for me. The recipe I borrowed this from called for wrapping the chicken in prosciutto & baking it in the oven covered in tomato sauce. I wanted to do it on the grill & I thought the prosciutto would dry out too much, so I went with bacon instead, and I skipped the tomato sauce all together. Next time I may try to incorporate one or both of those ingredients into it somehow. Maybe prosciutto wrapped inside?

Superb! We use thigh meat when bacon wrapping. Thigh meat stays moist thru th elong cook it takes to crisp the bacon exterior. Love the idea of goat cheese. All kinds of savory items can be wrapped this way.

Now I must push away from the desk and kill the growl in the belly from that viewing.

Looks great. My wife and I used to make stuffed chicken all the time. Never did it on the grill though. Thanks for the idea.

Back