THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

11earl

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
HJ
Hive,

I'm sure I'm being dense; I just don't quite understand what makes this Backwoods Gladiator a "dry" smoker vs any of their other smokers. Is it just the lack of a water pan?

Additionally, anyone have one who can tell me a bit more about it?

Yes, lack of water pan is pretty much it. Cool smoker but that price is up there for the materials used.

Hive,

I'm sure I'm being dense; I just don't quite understand what makes this Backwoods Gladiator a "dry" smoker vs any of their other smokers. Is it just the lack of a water pan?

Additionally, anyone have one who can tell me a bit more about it?

I don't think it differs much from other smokers, just a marketing move. By the way, the company that made it stated they didn't put the gaskets around the door to keep the price down and that's with the price of over 1000$. It's definitely overpriced.

If you can do it inexpensively at home it would probably be a lot cheaper to put on in the process.

The trick to running a Backwoods dry is keeping the fire from running away on you. That is not an easy thing to do during a big cut cook. There are plenty of techniques we all know about, but sooner or later that fire wants to wild-eye on you. If Chase and the guys at at Backwoods say the have that problem solved then awesome.

The price - at < $1200 for this level of a pro smoker? Seems like a sweet spot to me, I'd be all over this if I were in the market.

Back