Backwoods G2 arrived today

Awesome bbq pit!

They did a really nice job with the packaging, very impressed.

Yes packaging was great. This smoker is well built. Now all I need is some time off work and I can fire this baby up.

Have fun and happy smoking
BBQ UP

How's that powder coat finish haven't seen one up close yet.

The powder coat looks great! Feels like a hard shell on the out side unless it is deeply scratched I don't see this rusting anytime soon.

BBQ UP

Welcome to the Backwooods family.
They do great in hot or cold weather. I cooked four big butts Monday. With the Guru set at 250* , it ran form 5:30 AM until around 4:30 PM on 12# of Stubs charcoal briquets and ran +/- 2* all day long with outside temps @ 16* and wind chill at zero all day. (monitorded by wireless Mavrick )
Light her up, get her smoking and get her dirty. Enjoy :)

Welcome to the Backwooods family.
They do great in hot or cold weather. I cooked four big butts Monday. With the Guru set at 250* , it ran form 5:30 AM until around 4:30 PM on 12# of Stubs charcoal briquets and ran +/- 2* all day long with outside temps @ 16* and wind chill at zero all day. (monitorded by wireless Mavrick )
Light her up, get her smoking and get her dirty. Enjoy :)

Was that cooking dry or with water in the pan. Sounds like I am going to enjoy being in the backwoods family

BBQ UP

Congrats! Looks great.

I have to admit I got nervous just seeing it on that front loader. If I would have been there live I may have crapped myself!

Nice to see they have them in black. Not that there is anything wrong with burgandy but black matches my wardrobe. Great looking weapon and congrats. I'm green with envy as well!

Ok first update the guru alligator probe clamps won't clamp on the big grates. I will have to rethink this. What are you guys using.

BBQ UP

The clips shouldn't be clipped to the grate anyways. Sometimes that metal could act as a heat sink or could reflect the heat not giving you an inaccurate temp. Take a skewer and cut it in half, lay it perpendicular to the grates, and clip the clip to it from underneath. Atleast that is what I do but there may be better suggestions out there.

Back