Backstrap Breakfast

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
Another camp breakfast at the lake. This one was pretty quick and easy.

VJnYvMk.jpg

I brought some white tail venison backstrap with me from home. Cut a few steaks...

6DCkyMb.jpg

JJPf1VE.jpg

zB9D9AO.jpg

Simple salt and pepper..

8L90Q9Q.jpg

Onto the hot coals with a skillet of bacon, cheesy, onions and tatoes..
They were actually left over from supper the night before. lol

g0nziqM.jpg

nPrb0sX.jpg

The steaks cook fast. I like venison on the rare side.

bYGrPmi.jpg

5bYRKDY.jpg

I scoot the steaks off the heat and cook up some duck eggs in butter..

q1xxXx8.jpg

gEAXBAj.jpg

Some eggs for the non runny yolk folks.. lol

O9Dt2Xe.jpg

That's it, breakfast is ready!

Venison backstrap steak, cheesy fried tatoes and onions, Buff duck eggs in butter and fruit to make it look healthy.

Dqcyex1.jpg

5rXDFy3.jpg

x5jCsbM.jpg

Nothing fancy but it tasted good that morning. lol
Thanks for looking!

I wanna go fishing with you! Actually, you can do the fishing, I just wanna eat what ever you're cooking! Awesome cook as always Miss Jeanie...

Looks pretty fancy for camp food from here. You still have blackstrap left? Not me, I eat it up too fast.

Hope you boated a good mess of fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Kevin! I've got quite a bit of venison left. I don't know why. Lol
I did catch a lot fish this trip. It was nice...
Hope all is well on your end of the state! :-D

Been thinking about venison lately myself…. Looks awesome Jen as does all of your meals…. I’d like to just be a hey boy for ya… hopefully you’d throw me a bone….:)…. Well done!!!!

Been thinking about venison lately myself…. Looks awesome Jen as does all of your meals…. I’d like to just be a hey boy for ya… hopefully you’d throw me a bone….:)…. Well done!!!!

Paul, it's great to see ya! :-D
Hope life's treating you well!
I bet you have wild hog, venison and fresh fish on hand most days! Between that and your garden, you eat like a King! :-D
Thanks for the kind comment.
Sending hugs!

Outstanding breakfast there, Jeanie!

I just had a Pop-Tart (blueberry for antioxidants).

Got an invite to hunt in Texas this Fall so hope for a deer or two in the freezer. It's south of Muenster so even if I can't drop off a deer to be processed at Fischer's can always grab some goodies from them.

I made up 5 lbs of backstrap (yeah, I know) jalapeno, cheese brats for a neighbor Sat. I just thought it had no texture. Maybe because it was backstrap or maybe the 2 lbs of sausage he brought were over processed. But the whole sausage hit me as mushy....
On to the next lesson!
Ed

A breakfast fit for royalty Jeanie!

Thank you Marty! I'd trade for any one of your meals! :grin:

That's pretty amazing Jeanie.

Duck eggs. Awesome.

Bill

Thank you Bill! Duck eggs are some of my favorites. My birds have been keeping me supplied well this summer.
Hope all is well on your end of the world! :grin:

I’ve never had duck eggs…that venison looks great!

Thanks Mike! Duck eggs are nice for baking too. :grin:
I go through a lot of venison. I'm sure you do too! lol

Awesome breakfast, Jeanie. And superb photos as always.
Thank you Dom! Very kind of you!

Outstanding breakfast there, Jeanie!

I just had a Pop-Tart (blueberry for antioxidants).

Got an invite to hunt in Texas this Fall so hope for a deer or two in the freezer. It's south of Muenster so even if I can't drop off a deer to be processed at Fischer's can always grab some goodies from them.

I love Fischers! :laugh: Sounds like a great deal Charles!! I hope you have great luck with the hunt! :-D

Outstanding as always. I agree with Andy I want to have breakfast with you and I do dishes :biggrin1:

lol Thanks George! I dislike doing dishes.. you're hired! :laugh:

Seriously awesome! Perfectly cooked venison.

Great to see you Blue! :grin:
Thank you for the kind comment. Hope all is well on your end of the country!

I made up 5 lbs of backstrap (yeah, I know) jalapeno, cheese brats for a neighbor Sat. I just thought it had no texture. Maybe because it was backstrap or maybe the 2 lbs of sausage he brought were over processed. But the whole sausage hit me as mushy....
On to the next lesson!
Ed

That's an interesting problem Ed! I've not heard of mushy venison brats. Maybe they were overcooked? Best of luck with the next batch!

Back