Autry

Here are the results from the Autry:

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 64
Which Judge 6 are y'all complaining about--Chickie?

While we are complaining about a low score from a judge--(not here, but in general)--just remember that a single "high" score is just as suspect. Lots of folks want to hang onto that 9 from one judge and ignore the other 5 judges who gave 6's and 7's. That 9 is as aberrant as the single 5 in a group of 7-8's.
Not commenting here about Mista's scores or feedback--just a general pet peeve of mine :lol:

You really can't tell much from one score sheet from one event.
We try :redface: , but....?

I see some good Appearance scores for ribs--good job.
I see some consistent "good but not great" scores on Pork and Brisket Taste--might need to pump up the flavor some.
I see some highs and lows on Ribs Taste. "May" indicate a strong flavor that some like and some don't. Might want to consider moderating that flavor some. But, guessing.
If you ignore the single high or low scores, tenderness scores are really consistent across the board. Once again "good but not great". Maybe some fine tuning will pick that up a bit.

I also see very few "poor" scores (5 or below). Great show for a virgin team on their first cook together :lol:

This is all just "crystal ball" and "tea leaves" stuff.
Your scores look very similar to many sheets I have seen.

Good job for 1st (or any) time out there Neil :lol:

TIM

Thanks a lot guys! I have put up an Album in the Photo Gallery so you can see what was really going on. I am in the process of adding captions right now.

Mista,

Tim's comments are right on.....remember.....any given day....the main thing is to learn, and I think you're on the right track....you got your feet wet, now it's time to dive in!

Let me tell you the real story!

HaHa

Neil had the boss there so he done as he was told! End of story!

Arlie

Outstanding photo set here Neil!
I really like the captions--just like we were there :lol:

Thanks,

TIM

Back