Atomic Buffalo Turds

Those babies usually don't last long and I too like the idea of green onion. I will be trying that next time. I usually cut the cap, de-seed, stuff and then put the cap back on then wrap in bacon. A couple of toothpicks and good to go. Before I came to this site we always called them Rats because they looked like cooked rats with the tail still on.

Well done. I haven't met a person that doesn't LOVE ABTs.

How do you like that rack?
Thanks charredhead. I use the rack when I'm making pepper poppers and it works great. It came with the corer that you see in my pics. Heres a link to the one a purchased.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/GrillPro-41555-Stainless-Pepper-roasting/dp/B0047ZFFMC/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1403446581&sr=8-6&keywords=jalapeno+corer"]Amazon.com : GrillPro 41555 Stainless Steel Pepper roasting Rack for Grill : Jalapeno Corer : Patio, Lawn & Garden@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/517d8DhVbuL.@@AMEPARAM@@517d8DhVbuL[/ame]

Nicely done, I made some last weekend but stuffed them with the cream cheese and crabmeat before wrapping them with maple bacon. Yummy!!!!!!

I do this too. I now use a Cajun crab dip for stuffing. I then coat the bacon in brown sugar before I wrap the jalapeños...so good!

How Long on a WSM 22?

I am inspired by this and making these today. I would like to throw them on the WSM with some ribs I have on the smoker right now. Any idea about how long I should plan to leave them on?

Thanks!

look for when your bacon is the way you like it.....real done & the pepper gets kinda soft, but most folks like them like that anyways..........

275 for 2+ hrs.....approx....?

you can do them low or high heat, longer or shorter cook.....pretty flexible item

The longer you can cook them, the less heat the Japs will have - I like low -n -slow.
That sure looks like a Weber - Kenmore copied it just about to a T?
Gonna make some now, gonna throw some smoked Gouda inside w/ the cream cheese, maybe minced garlic. These things disappear fast! Good pics.

Back