THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

chefnski

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Name or Nickame
CG
Hi everyone - I am doing research into grills that perform well as smokers and I have read through a lot of the threads about Assassin grills.

As Assassin is a young(er) company, I'm curious if any owners on this forum have used the grill for at least a couple seasons and could post about their experience.
- Do you still love this grill after using it for a few seasons?
- What has impressed you most?
- What has disappointed you?
- Are there parts that have worn out quickly?
- Has your experience so far made you wish you had ordered your grill with a specific customization or upgrade?

Thanks so much -- you're all a wealth of knowledge!

I bought my Assassin 28 about 4 or 5 years ago now and bought it used. It was one of the first ones made and the only thing that I have done to it since I owned it was change the gaskets on it and since I had the doors open I installed a heavier insulation. It was a simple job and since I ordered the gasket directly from Assassin they also sent me new screws. Beyond that I have done nothing with for it is built like a tank.
The cooker cooks great with a very quick recovery time when the door has been opened. It has won me a few trophies as well so I cannot complain about the finished product that it has produced.
The only thing that I wish that it had were larger tires to make it easier to roll over rough ground. If I was to buy a new one that is one upgrade that I would have them add on. The casters that mine has are just standard heavy duty casters that work great on hard smooth surfaces. Add a few rocks into the mix and then you are having to man handle it to get it into position. Another thing that I wish it had was the ability to level it with some sort of attached screw jacks. Again cooking at different contests I have had to have help in leveling it up due to sloped sites or gravel lots.

Overall it is a fantastic cooker and if for some reason I would ever need to buy a new smoker I would buy another Assassin 28. More room then I will need even cooking at a contest.

That’s great to hear how well the smoker is holding up. Does anyone else have experience with their grills?

I have seen a lot of them at comps. They are very nice and I hear they have awesome customer service.

Back