THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hahaha, your single handedly propping up the BBQ economy:)

Larry
I've given a couple away, too. If I get caught short, I can always drag the ECB out of the basement.:p I only keep it in case I stumble into a steel drum that the grates will fit, or something made out of steel that I can use as a base, to turn it into a WSM clone.

Honey- honest - my next cooker will be my last one.

Do you have your fingers crossed behind your back?

Possibly.

I just went thru the same thing with my wife. Said I wanted to get a pellet smoker so I wouldn't have to feed the damn fire every hour all night long and end up face down in my Thanksgiving dinner the next day. She said if I wanted a new smoker, I had to get rid of one of my existing smokers -- one in, one out. It's like choosing which one of your children you want to give away.

Fortunately, she approved the purchase in time for Thanksgiving, but before I gave one up. So now I figure as long as I fit the new one in, maybe it gets lost in the shuffle and I keep them all.

Of course, she doesn't know I also have my eye on that new red Weber kettle and a KBQ -- I'm currently mapping out how and when to manage that communication!

I just went thru the same thing with my wife. Said I wanted to get a pellet smoker so I wouldn't have to feed the damn fire every hour all night long and end up face down in my Thanksgiving dinner the next day. She said if I wanted a new smoker, I had to get rid of one of my existing smokers -- one in, one out. It's like choosing which one of your children you want to give away.

Fortunately, she approved the purchase in time for Thanksgiving, but before I gave one up. So now I figure as long as I fit the new one in, maybe it gets lost in the shuffle and I keep them all.

Of course, she doesn't know I also have my eye on that new red Weber kettle and a KBQ -- I'm currently mapping out how and when to manage that communication!
Put one for sale on CL with a price so high nobody will call. Not your fault if nobody buys it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have kind of the opposite problem. My wife keeps telling me to get a new kettle. I'm getting closer to buying a 26 ". My newer kettle is starting to show it's age, probibly because it doesn't get a lot of use.

Put one for sale on CL with a price so high nobody will call. Not your fault if nobody buys it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ohhh devious. I like it. I am doing the same thing right now with one of my motorcycles I don't want to get rid of it but want another one. Wife says. Get rid of the one you have and you can buy the new one. So if it dosent sell it's not my fault right?

jambo would be the end all be all for me.. but then again maybe not! :confused:

I said that same thing each time I bought my two Jambos. Sold both at different points.

Here are two of my herd. Might add a Jambo back into the mix. Just need a bigger shop first.

Ohhh devious. I like it. I am doing the same thing right now with one of my motorcycles I don't want to get rid of it but want another one. Wife says. Get rid of the one you have and you can buy the new one. So if it dosent sell it's not my fault right?

With motorcycles, I always followed the rule of buying the new one THEN selling the old one, or trading one for the other. I always feared that if I converted the cycle into fungible cash, I'd never get it back into motorcycle form!

With motorcycles, I always followed the rule of buying the new one THEN selling the old one, or trading one for the other. I always feared that if I converted the cycle into fungible cash, I'd never get it back into motorcycle form!

I hear you on that one. I have always had a motorcycle and the wife's good with that she just dosent want me to have more than one. Street bike we're talking about. I have dirt bikes but for some reason can only have one street bike. But I would never let one go before I had the next one. Or at least the deal in the works for the new one.

I've had it bad for years now lol. Currently jonesing for a KBQ C-60 smoker :p

I have two cooks on my new KBQ. A small learning curve but I love the end product. I'm ready to fire it up again this weekend. I know my neighbors hope I do.

I have a wandering eye also. If smokers were women I'd be divorced. :wink:

Just buy a 270 smoker. Then all you will want is another 270 smoker. Cook with Confidence.

Seriously I stopped wanting other smokers after my 270. I might like a bigger one some day. Although Shirley Fabrication builds a nice smoker and so does Lang and Meadowcreek... Well looks like the disease is back.... THE STRUGGLE IS REAL!!!!!!! I need help lol... To bad we are addicts.

Can you have only wristwatch?
only one storage unit?
only one suit?
only one car?
only on TV?
only one computer?

for those in the US who the answer to the above questions is NO

then smokers are like the above.
you cant have just one.

Back