THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You know what I mean...
You have this nice back yard stick burner that you love, then you see a UDS so you have someone build you a 1/4" UDS (because that is even cooler, right?) and you love that, then you see a fancy/shiny insulated cabinet and you get one of those and you love it, then you realize you don't have a weber (everyone has a weber) so you get an OTG, then you see someone build a mini/jimmy and you build both of those and you love them, then you see that big reverse flow offset stick burner you have always dreamed about and you get it, then before it even arrives you start eyeing a gravity feed. :wacko::doh::shock::tape:

Is there a prescription that I can get? Oooh...what about a pellet pooper? I have never thought about one of them.:becky: Where is the farking end?:confused:

This sounds like me. Good thing I have to save or I would have 10 smokers.

I started to get the why do you need another smoker speech when I bought my Battle Box but I played the "It's my 40th bday present to myself" card. Guess that's a better mid-life crisis ask than buying a sports car (plus I already have a 335).

My wife found out I bought my BBQ Vault when the credit card purchase alert popped up on her iPhone.
Better to ask forgiveness than permission, right?

Currently I'm trying to decide between a small gravity feed or a Primo Oval XL with a table. Both are in the same 1900 - 2200 price range.
Sent Deep South an e-mail through their web site a week ago inquiring about stock on hand. No reply - they must be busy.
Got in touch with the Primo dealer here in town and he's called back 3 times so far.

Ceramics scare me. I know that I would find some stupid way to crack one. Darn nearly impossible to break a GF. I didn't know Deep South made a GF under $2,500 then you have to add shipping.

My wife found out I bought my BBQ Vault when the credit card purchase alert popped up on her iPhone.
Better to ask forgiveness than permission, right?

I could have sworn I told you. You really don't remember???:becky:

Dear, I know I have been hanging out at my brothers shop alot lately but I built you something!

IMG_0354_zpsqszf1we9.jpg

Where should I setup your present.:mrgreen:

Do you really want her to answer that? It might not fit properly.:laugh:

Ceramics scare me. I know that I would find some stupid way to crack one. Darn nearly impossible to break a GF. I didn't know Deep South made a GF under $2,500 then you have to add shipping.

You are correct on the Deep South price. Stump's Baby is 1950 + freight.
I bought an Oval XL with table and accessories 2098 delivered. UPS freight called yesterday to confirm delivery for today. I'm excited.

You are correct on the Deep South price. Stump's Baby is 1950 + freight.
I bought an Oval XL with table and accessories 2098 delivered. UPS freight called yesterday to confirm delivery for today. I'm excited.

Congrats! That is a beautiful cooker.

bringing this one back to life as it seems some of you newer guys have this condition too...seek help before it is too late.

Hi, my name is Larry and I have a problem :) I have a picture of a beautiful 30-65-24 Shirley (vaulted tops)on my desktop, OOOOOHHHLALA

My custom chicken cooker isn't done yet ;)

Larry

At work, each department has been doing Friday lunch meetings to introduce the teams. Typically people talk about their family, and any hobbies they have.
My presentation was focused on my family of smokers. I talked about them as if they were my children.
After that I talked about my girlfriend and the kids. Quickly.

At work, each department has been doing Friday lunch meetings to introduce the teams. Typically people talk about their family, and any hobbies they have.
My presentation was focused on my family of smokers. I talked about them as if they were my children.
After that I talked about my girlfriend and the kids. Quickly.

Heck yeah, everybody has kids :)

Larry

I own only two kettles as well. A 18.5 and a 22.5. Oh yeah. And my stick burner my PGS K40 gasser but really want to get a weber performer with the copper kettle and a 22.5?WSM but started looking into a pit barrel smoker and building a UDS. Would love one of those gravity fed jobs so I guess it really never ends does it.

Back