anyone familiar with old country smokers?

lennitt

Full Fledged Farker
Starting the stick burner research and old country smokers has come on my radar. Anyone know them, have one or seen them? They look very reasonably priced considering shipping is included. I will only be getting a 16 x 48 (sorry Smitty)...Thanks for any help!

I've heard they are Good for the money.......... :wink:

They don't have a 16" x 48" unless you mean the 3/16" series on the Website

Are you talking about the Academy line or : http://www.bbquepits.com/backyard_bbq_pits.htm

Same company but the Website smokers have taken a back seat to the Academy lines. Not sure if they build any from the Website anymore.?

Better off getting a Brazos from Academy.......

Last edited:
I have considered them. But there are no Academys around here. I have heard the quality is inconsistent and don't feel comfortable buying one without checking it out first.

Last edited:
I've heard they are Good for the money.......... :wink:

They don't have a 16" x 48" unless you mean the 3/16" series on the Website

Are you talking about the Academy line or : http://www.bbquepits.com/backyard_bbq_pits.htm

Same company but the Website smokers have taken a back seat to the Academy lines. Not sure if they build any from the Website anymore.?

Better off getting a Brazos from Academy.......

the last one listed is 16 x 48 and 1/4 inch... that is what I have been looking at. They are the same company that makes the Academy ones? I am trying not to get crushed on shipping

the last one listed is 16 x 48 and 1/4 inch... that is what I have been looking at. They are the same company that makes the Academy ones? I am trying not to get crushed on shipping

Yes and that Website/page is old. Alejandro said he hasn't updated it in a few years and that keeping up with Academy is about All they can Handle........that was almost 2 years ago.....

Edit.

That's the same company that makes the Academy ones. But I bet you would get crushed on shipping ordering direct. Academy probably buys them by the hundreds so they can take some lumps on shipping.

Last edited:
I got my Brazos ordered from Academy and shipping is $99 which is very reasonable on a 485 lb behemoth. I got mine in Monday after waiting 19 days from the ordering date. After looking mine over, most everything is fine with it except the smokestack vent cover is bent, so if I were to close up the stack it wouldn't lay flush with it. I never run my stack anything except wide open anyway so its not a big deal and I'll find a way to bend it back eventually. Only other thing I noticed is the welded door stopper behind the firebox is slightly crooked but that doesn't matter to me.

Back