Anyone familiar with Pits by JJ?

luberconn

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
BBQ Lou
I might be picking one of these up in the near future. Seems to be well made and the company/web page seems legit. Just haven't seen any of these posted here. Squared chamber, and dual stacks? What's with the double stacks? Also has side burner, and is that a propane valve that goes into firebox? is that to ignite the firebox? Never seen that, and don't see it as a feature listed on the website.
https://pitsbyjj.com/smokers/20-x-36-bsq-smoker/

If the trade goes through, I'd be getting a pretty sweet deal. Let me know if you've used this brand or this style of smoker. Any info would be helpful. thanks!

ll6SVg7l.png

CcGjbVpl.jpg

The double stack are probably because it is a grill and a smoker.

-D

ahh, that makes sense. i must have missed that when i read the description. just noticed it says adjustable charcoal rack in main chamber. cool, i didn't know it had that. thanks for pointing that out!

this will be my first experience with an offset.

Yes, I own one that i'll be selling in the near future.

That's what I special ordered 3 years ago without the firebox because I already had a smoker and just wanted a grill at the time.

He is as legit as legit can be. 1/4 inch all around, spring loaded stack dampers, and yes twin stacks because it's also a grill.

The charcoal rack is ladder style adjustable height. You may need to replace the meat racks depending on how old it is.

When you use it as a grill, they break down a bit quicker than if it's used only as an offset smoker due to the direct coal heat.

As a smoker, you'll open just the left hand stack. As a grill, I usually had them both closed because I used shutting the hood as a way to control flare ups and coal temp by snuffing the oxygen temporarily.

Heard a rumor that he used to work for Klose and started his own shop.

You don't mention price so I can't comment on your deal, but the smoker is as good as they get for square smokers.

Very versatile......you grill some, you smoke some.

Yes, I own one that i'll be selling in the near future.

That's what I special ordered 3 years ago without the firebox because I already had a smoker and just wanted a grill at the time.

He is as legit as legit can be. 1/4 inch all around, spring loaded stack dampers, and yes twin stacks because it's also a grill.

The charcoal rack is ladder style adjustable height. You may need to replace the meat racks depending on how old it is.

When you use it as a grill, they break down a bit quicker than if it's used only as an offset smoker due to the direct coal heat.

As a smoker, you'll open just the left hand stack. As a grill, I usually had them both closed because I used shutting the hood as a way to control flare ups and coal temp by snuffing the oxygen temporarily.

Heard a rumor that he used to work for Klose and started his own shop.

You don't mention price so I can't comment on your deal, but the smoker is as good as they get for square smokers.

Very versatile......you grill some, you smoke some.

very good info! good to hear. my trade is a traeger pro34 that i don't use a whole lot + $250. i'll have to drive an hr each way to get it, and rent a utility trailer with ramp for $50, cause he said it weighs 1000lbs or so.

very good info! good to hear. my trade is a traeger pro34 that i don't use a whole lot + $250. i'll have to drive an hr each way to get it, and rent a utility trailer with ramp for $50, cause he said it weighs 1000lbs or so.

That's a deal...shipping is crazy price now on top of that $2125 for a new one.

You will enjoy having the freedom to both charcoal grill or wood smoke from the same cooker.

The ash pan for the grill is very heavy...you have been warned!

Back