Anyone else up smoking?

well since i am up............ i got 4 butts and 2 briskets in the 85 gallon drum, they were put on at midnight. i will check the temps in about an hour and then catch a nap.
got 100 ABT's to make tomorrow and then throw on some smoked sausage links.
im doing the meat and everyone else is bringing the sides.

I bumped it, being the long weekend that it is, I figure people will be up at odd hours tonight or early tomorrow for the 4th.:cool: I suppose I could have started a new one, but I didn't!:becky:

I bumped it, being the long weekend that it is, I figure people will be up at odd hours tonight or early tomorrow for the 4th.:cool: I suppose I could have started a new one, but I didn't!:becky:

Its alright bigabyte, it is a long weekend. The cooks sounds great. Unfortunatley i am pulling long hours at work. getting hungry being on this forum, you could send some down to south central ks :becky:. good luck with the meat.

That can be a bummer working on a weekend like this, but then again, it can also be a good thing sometimes!:becky: Not sure how to get the meat down there this time of night. I would give the dog directions but after he knocked burgers onto the floor the other day I'm not so sure he's trustworthy.

You and I could probably chat using two tin cans and a pierce of string chris.
I'm just going to bed after finally getting yesterday's picnic up to 200.
My first ever and most likely my last I think.

That's a long cook for one piece of meat.

For the first time since Thursday night all of the cookers are currently shut down. That second flat is now resting right here beside me, smelling great and all...but I nibbled a bit too much off the last one so I'm not very tempted.

There's still some more to cook on the grill tomorrow, but all the big, long cooks are done.

I can't wait to bag up this flat and get the fark to bed.:becky:

Got my temp dialed in... drinking a cup of Java! Would go back to bed, but SWMBO would not like the smell of smoked hickory next to her..lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Kevmalone... I am sure it will be worth it when you plate that baby!

If I don't post for awhile you guys will know something got me! I keep hearing something moving in the woods behind me! Yikes! Maybe whatever it is like BBQ... scary out here!

Just got up to refuel the WSM. I get about 8 hours per load with this Best of the West mesquite. Butts were both 160, brisket was some sort of temperature that didn't matter because not even the point is tender yet.

I smoked a 10# picnic last night. Just pulled it off.

My WSM is awesome. I loaded that baby up (kingsford) a 9:30 last night, put the picnic on, got the temp stable at about 250 and it never moved all night long. I went to bed at 11pm, it was right at 250. Got up at 2:30am to check it....still right at 250. Got up at 6:30, still right at 250.

Pull it off at 7:30 and it looks like it's going to be outstanding.

I'm amazed at how well my WSM holds heat.

Back