Anyone back from Stagecoach yet?

Winning on the road with a borrowed cooker is the mark of a very good competition cook. Congrats Eric and Grace.

Sunday Results

Overall

5. Slap Yo' Daddy BBQ
4. Rhythm 'n Que
3. Rusty Barrell BBQ
2. Smoke on the Water (RGC)
1. BLQUE Cuttin Edge Que (GC)

Very impressive, great pictures.
Kudos to Thom, Eric, Neal, Professor Salt et al.
Nice going all around.

It was good to see the 4Q Team again. You guys were workin your asses off. Congrats.

I also wanted to mention that I met Merl this week. I really enjoyed talking to him and I appreciate the time he took out to give everyone advice on their box appearance.

If you ever get the chance to spend some time with him, I highly suggest you take advantage of it.

Thanks again Merl!

I also wanted to mention that I met Merl this week. I really enjoyed talking to him and I appreciate the time he took out to give everyone advice on their box appearance.

If you ever get the chance to spend some time with him, I highly suggest you take advantage of it.

Thanks again Merl!

So thats why he isnt replying to my voicemails and emails from the weekend....you guys in California found our best kept secret and now we have to share him with even more...GREAT..JUST GREAT :icon_pissed

I agree 100% with Neil, Met Merle for the first time, great guy ! :-D

Thanks again Merl!

I didn't have time to get too many pics, but here is what I did get.

http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk291/bearbonez_2008/stagecoach/

We had a great time out there, and I am finally recovered and feeling human again. Our team knocked out over 1000 lbs of food.

It was really great seeing old friends, who haven't seen for far too long, and meeting new friends. My wife and I love all our friends there, and I can't tell you how proud we are to part of such a great BBQ family.

Thom-
we can't thank you enough for setting us up with Jim and Lori; great folks who were great Q hosts and made working in a very different setting on different cookers a whole lot of fun! That desert setting is spectacular, the music first class, and your contest organization working with (and around) that enormous music festival was amazing. We had a great time despite the consternation over what we thought was excellent product on Saturday; Sunday showed it was. Just beginning to recover from the exhaustion (a three day cook is Long!!) but wishing we were back in that desert again. you should come east for the ILoveNY BBQ in Lake Placid-the Adirondacks are almost as beautiful as the desert! Keep up the good work, we hope to return!
Grace

Eric did some great cooking
I really think he just landed on the wrong table Saturday
His stuff looked 1st class to me

Congrats to all y'all. Looks like fun... really great pictures...

I have a question... is that charcoal basket in a Backwoods?

It was a great weekend ! I am finally recovered and ready to do another comp in 2 weekends(Boulder City NV.) Thanks to Thom,Merl,Ben,and others who put all this on :-D3 contests,3 days,and a great time with music,what can I say.Congrats to all who got walks and awards,the competition was tough, with some awesome teams competing.Look forward to next year already !

Back