Another Popdaddy Tribute Brisky - Pron

Saiko

is One Chatty Farker
I've played around with wrapping my last few briskys, so thought I would go back to my roots and do a good old Popdaddy Tri-Level Brisky today. Popdaddy (aka "Barbefunkoramaque" aka "Funkmaster South" aka "Pitmaster T" aka "Donnie") has always written some of my favorite posts, and taught me pretty much everything I know about cooking brisket.

My Popdaddy Tri-Level Brisket method for the WSM has been detailed quite a few times, including here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87343

Here are a few pics from todays cook.

160 degrees internal, starting to "weep" as Donnie calls it.
IMG_0009.jpg

Pulled at about 200 degrees internal and probe tender. After about an hour rest in butcher paper in the cooler, I separated the point and flat and cubed the point for burnt ends. Flat went back into the cooler.
IMG_0032.jpg

Burnt ends all done.
IMG_0081.jpg

Flat sliced.
IMG_0056.jpg

Bonus Pic! Publix had a sale this week on T-bones and Porterhouse, so I grilled me up a Porterhouse while I was waiting on the brisky.
IMG_0099.jpg

That's all!

It all looks very good to me Saiko but that steak got my belly rumbling!
Nice job!

Fantastic Mark. You now a brisket wrapper?

If I competed I would probably wrap with some beef stock just so I could use the juice to brush the slices. For personal consumption, I like both methods. Donnie's Tri-Level is a nice, salty, smokey, peppery brisket which I prefer sometimes. Depends on my mood.

There's the beef!

Excellent work, sir! I've been thinking brisket lately...gonna be acting brisket soon. Steak looks great too! :thumb:

very nice brisket and i hope some 12 ounce curls were paired with those burnt ends.

did funk retire?

I was gonna say "that's nice, Donnie will be pleased" and then I saw the date you originally posted this.

Oh well, still nice of you to do.

Back